Seized Washing Machine Valve

I am trying to replace a faulty Washing Machine Valve, but am struggling to remove. It is very tight, possibly seized (Arrow A in pic). Just above it is a plastic fitting (arrow B in pic). Is this plastic fitting push-in or screw off and would I be better removing this and then tackling the valve, or just keep trying to unscrew the valve(A). The actual washing machine hose has already been removed even though it is shown connected.

Thank you

WZU4yee.jpg

The bit shown as b you unscrew slightly then push the coller up to release the pipe ,looks a bit tight for  space though.  I’d try putting some pliers etc on bit a and slowly ease it loose 

Edited by rudds1

Mole grips on the body of the valve and spanner on the nut ?

Dear Sandbox,

If you have removed the Washer Hose connected at A, but you currently do not have a big Flood, in the House, then this Connector is seized in the closed position, preventing water from passing.

If you can't DIY this yourself - Ring a Plumber.

For a DIY person who is not phased by dealing with Water, how to proceed:

1. Turn off your main stop-tap in house or street.

2. Either use a spanner on top Nut of Siezed Valve Connector, if you get lots of water, you have not isolated the stop-tap off(redo) have a bowl ready, some water will leak out, the small quantity from within the pipe, (old plumbers used to block this up with fresh bread, nowadays you can get a temp freeze kit)

3. Replace Valve connector with new one same threads/size.

4. Test by checking stop-tap on slowly, make sure no leaks

5. Tidy up.

Hope this helps you, At point B this appears to me, to be a Plastic Compression Push Joint fitting, where you push in or pull out (dependant on type) and the pipe will pull out (Warning : if you did this without turning off the water stop-tap first you would end up with a Flooding Senario)

Good Luck!

Edited by DeZeus
Correction

Push the little white washer at the bottom of the white fitting upwards and pull the valve down, that should then come away.

Cheers for all the replies. Hours of hassle and frustration avoided, and I now know what a push-fit is   😋.