Baby pigeon found what to do?!

Hi all 

really wanting some advice .

so yesterday found a baby pigeon on the drive it was very scared but I managed to pick it up and keep him or her safe.

the nest is actually on my roof which I can’t get to and I know you should never return a pigeon to it’s nest.

tbh the amount of bird poop allover the drive is disgusting having to clean it daily so ideally want them all gone but obviously this is a baby it’s got quite a few feathers but can’t fly yet.

does anyone know where I could take it like to be looked after? I can and have brought up wild birds before as I also seem to find a lot but never had any advice so I would try my best to bring them up but then they don’t go cause they think I’m mummy or something lol

any advice much appreciated 

You should leave it well alone. If you want to you can observe it for a day or two to see if the parents feed it. It's likely just left the nest but hasn't learnt how to fly. Interference could jeopardise its chance of survival. 

"

• The adult birds are much more skilled at looking after their offspring than humans will ever be!
  • It’s very likely that the bird’s parents are nearby, waiting for you to leave the area
  • If the bird is in a very vulnerable position (for example, in the middle of the pavement), it’s OK to move it somewhere safe nearby – perhaps from off the ground into a bush or tree where cats won’t see it
  • Watch from a safe distance to see what happens. If it really has been abandoned, contact our Wildlife Enquiries team for advice, but as the conservation organisation, the RSPB is not able to offer a rescue service. 
    Tel: 01767 693690 between 9.00am - 5.15pm, Monday - Friday (not weekends or Bank Holidays).
  • Try to avoid interference wherever possible. It really is best to leave baby birds alone."
  • Read more at https://www.rspb.org.uk/birds-and-wildlife/natures-home-magazine/birds-and-wildlife-articles/features/how-do-baby-birds-survive/#YVmpFRqKYxWp7bd7.99