ANYONE LIVED IN SWALLOWNEST FROM 1940

My wife knew Margaret Towel very well and they did their school homework together she says Margaret had a brother Dave who was really handsome he will be around 77 now.

Correct about Cynthia bullerboy - She was the eldest daughter of Eileen Grayson, (maiden name), who lived near the top of Park Street on the right hand side.  Cynthia, was Cynthia Hartley and did some part time modelling for Cole Brothers

The younger daughter was Roma Skelton - no idea how come the different surname other than her mothers divorce/marriage - Roma will be around 80/81 now if she is still alive. She worked in the office at Dobsons the tv rental firm around 1964

Eileen Grayson worked for Norman ??? who had the post office on Park Hill, before it moved to opposite the old Pavillion Cinema

She rode all  around the area on one of the old heavy post office cycles with a big rack on the front for the mail and parcels

Best Wishes - Victor Malaysia

8 hours ago, victormh said:

Correct about Cynthia bullerboy - She was the eldest daughter of Eileen Grayson, (maiden name), who lived near the top of Park Street on the right hand side.  Cynthia, was Cynthia Hartley and did some part time modelling for Cole Brothers

The younger daughter was Roma Skelton - no idea how come the different surname other than her mothers divorce/marriage - Roma will be around 80/81 now if she is still alive. She worked in the office at Dobsons the tv rental firm around 1964

Eileen Grayson worked for Norman ??? who had the post office on Park Hill, before it moved to opposite the old Pavillion Cinema

She rode all  around the area on one of the old heavy post office cycles with a big rack on the front for the mail and parcels

On 20/06/2019 at 01:21, victormh said:

When exchanging messages with Lyndsey yesterday I was trying to remember the name of a comedy actor who I always though looked like your Uncle Stan

However, 5-15am this morning whilst sat having my breakfast at a local Indian Restaurant the name came to me - the comedy actors

8 hours ago, victormh said:

name was Arthur Haynes. He had the Arthur Haynes Show on tv in the early 60's, his suffering wife was played by comedy actress Patricia Hayes and the stooge providing the comments which Arthur (comedy sketch name Oscar) would respond to being sometimes Julian Orchard and sometimes Nicholas Parsons  

You can find the sketches on You Tube if you just search for Arthur Haynes

When he dressed as a middle aged guy in his raincoat and cap he always reminded me of your Uncle Stan

Re your mother Freda, I did think it was a butchers shop she delivered for and that is probably how my mother would know her from.

Not sure who Fred the Butcher was though - I only remember Harrisons Butchers run by Mrs Harrison and a guy by the name of Hoyle - their son Norman was older than myself. Strange lad then and time has proved that - he married Cynthia Hartley whose mother rode around Swallownest delivering mail for the Post Office located then near the crossroads. Cynthia committed suicide in, II think the late 60's, - used the car exhaust fumes via a tube into the car - did it on a country lane off the road which runs from Todwick Crossroads to Dinnington. Don't know if you are aware that Norman bred the Old English Sheep Dogs used in the original Dulux paint adverts 

There was a smaller butchers shop further down High Street but I never went in there - was that Freds Bucthers ?

Didn't know Roy and June moved to South Africa, wonder why they chose there unless it was due to family connections. Often wondered where the name DOMOV originated from . Somewhere on this web site there is a mention of the name and its origins.

Looks like the "Grim Reaper" has collected a few of the people, I am somewhat surprised that John Farrington is no longer with us , he was only a little bit older than myself - quite a nice guy I remember. Michelle would be the older one I seem to remember

Nice to hear from you and Lyndsey and to know what its like on Park Drive, long time since I lived there - has the road been laid yet, or is it still just as it was when I lived there

What about Memories - has the company now gone, I know Stan and his wife moved to a new home about 1966 when they sold their house to Eric and Juliette Dobson and also that they had no children. Unless Stan's brother had children to leave the business to 

But of course "Life Goes On and On …"

Best Wishes - Victor - Malaysia

Victor.my wife Janice Wright has a scar on her lip from Normans dog Digby,she was at crufts showing their poodles and bent down to get some biscuits  and Digby went for her.Cynthia used to wear a different wig every week and she committed suicide on Brampton Straight mile.

Edited by bullerboY

Apparently Roma was very pretty and wore sprayed on gold lamee trousers she had some connection with Terry Steeples who owned the Black Swan in Sheffield they came to have their poodles clipped at my wifes fathers Jack Wright on School Street.

hi victor,hope youre okay thought of you yesterday as i came home from visiting edgar lindley down on the lane. passed your house on park hill and i can tell you their nothing like they used to be when you and percivals lived there cars and vans on gardens,shame they used to be lovely, how sad regards lenny

On 07/08/2019 at 18:37, bullerboY said:

Victor.my wife Janice Wright has a scar on her lip from Normans dog Digby,she was at crufts showing their poodles and bent down to get some biscuits  and Digby went for her.Cynthia used to wear a different wig every week and she committed suicide on Brampton Straight mile.

Digby the Dulux dog! I never knew

BullerboY.                Is Peter Lunns wife.s  maiden name? Christine Jones? If so she is my cousin.

i knew a family called Ken and Sylvia Benson (nee Lee) had 2 daughters not sure if they are still living there, going back to the 80s

TECHNALCO provides access door supplier in UAE szgive easy access behind a wall to mechanical , electrical and plumbing fixtures. Custom sizing, fabrics, and colors take the trouble out of our versatile production. Combine that with stocking facilities that are strategically placed across the world, and you get exactly the door you need.

TECNALCO is a leading supplier of access doors in the UAE and we can install quickly and easy anywhere duct access is required.

The TECNALCO range of duct access doors has been developed with a view to providing simple and convenient access to HVAC equipment while maintaining a safe and positive seal when closed.

As a leading access door supplier in UAE we have perfect specifications in the best available models on the market, made with the highest quality material that guarantees 110% functionality and durability.