Netherlands v England

Why isn't this match on BBC or ITV?  

Because the bbc is only interested in womens football  and marathons, even the bbc sports website is being taken over by women's football.  Yet the licence fee keeps going up!

Perhaps Salt and Lineker thinks his 1.8 million pounds salary from the British public doesn't cover the presenting cost. 

On ‎07‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 07:26, pintor said:

Because the bbc is only interested in womens football  and marathons, even the bbc sports website is being taken over by women's football.  Yet the licence fee keeps going up!

Women's football is embarrassing itself, its trying to be something that its not, it wants to be widespread like the men's game, but the problem is, the strength in depth of quality isn't very widespread as evidenced by some of the rugby scores were seeing such as the 13-0 score line in the USA vs Thailand game yesterday.

While the strength in depth in the mens game was evidenced in Englands 6 - 1 win over Panama - and don't I remember a recent semi-final ending up 7-1?

The womens game will continue to be promoted by the BBC at the behest of those enforcing equality - until someone else takes an interest and outbids them.

Just like the Champions League and the Nations League in the mens competitions.

Not all license payers like football apparently and ITV has a waning interest in football completely.

42 minutes ago, Longcol said:

While the strength in depth in the mens game was evidenced in Englands 6 - 1 win over Panama - and don't I remember a recent semi-final ending up 7-1?

Did I offend your feminist instincts? lol

Clearly there generally is widespread strength in depth across the men's game at club and international level.

I enjoy watching women's football and want the women's game to improve but it shouldn't overstretch itself at this point.

The Matilda's played the Newcastle boys under 16's a few years ago.

Newcastle are one of the ten teams that make up the National League.

6-0 to the boys - Nuff said.

I'm loving watching the women's games at the moment but I don't ever remember having to turn to BBC iplayer to watch the men's games. 

23 hours ago, MAC33 said:

The Matilda's played the Newcastle boys under 16's a few years ago.

Newcastle are one of the ten teams that make up the National League.

6-0 to the boys - Nuff said.

So the Australian formation waltzing team can't play football. No surprise there.