Potential Bus driver strike - First

I feel sorry for the bus drivers these days ,underpaid ,long hrs , poor working conditions ,free travel , What an awful job it must be to have to go to work every day  and get paid  a wage at the end of the week , I bet they would all like to swap places with the unemployed ,on the dole,collecting  there  small pittance every week ,I really am gutted for them  

Perhaps Mr Len McCluskey would help out the bus drivers from his £140,000 pay and pension salary  ,

1 hour ago, ormester said:

Poppycock why  are the bus drivers saying there the victim  

As far as I know personal safety is not part of this industrial action however I do know of several drivers that have been victims of physical violence whilst at work.

From what I know of, this is a pay dispute, borne from a company claiming they have no more money for the annual pay rises & wanting a pay-freeze yet a quick google finds upwards of £37mil profits for the UK arm of FirstBus. (LINK - Page 19)

Bus drivers are on approx £11.00 per hr   so if they work 10 hrs use the maths to work out there wage is or can be a very good one ,and  all they are bothered about is a wage freeze for twelve mths .how about sacking a few who seam to have  an attitude to the public ,perhaps then the others would realize the job is not as bad has is made out to be ,any job is what you make of it .put the drivers back on the dole and see if they like that instead of getting a decent wage as of now

as far as the profit made by first ,is that not what a company is supposed to do ,make a profit ,get a life some of you people ,sort the fare prices out if you think they are making too much profit  not giving the drivers more wages 

22 hours ago, Resident said:

As far as I know personal safety is not part of this industrial action however I do know of several drivers that have been victims of physical violence whilst at work.

From what I know of, this is a pay dispute, borne from a company claiming they have no more money for the annual pay rises & wanting a pay-freeze yet a quick google finds upwards of £37mil profits for the UK arm of FirstBus. (LINK - Page 19)

Who gives a monkeys unite and first need to live in the real world people are being made redundant etc 

Guest busdriver1
On 15/06/2019 at 23:13, Resident said:

Sp  the uk bus division is making a profit. You can take it from Me, none of that profit is being made in South Yorkshire. At best it is breaking even which given the actions of the PTE is actually a miracle. You will also find Stagecoach are in a similar position. Also, if you look into it, 37£M is a very small profit for a company with the turnover of First UK bus. Probably the reason that it is being either sold or set apart from the main first group business. When approx 200 new buses have been put into Leeds to comply with the pie in the sky "clean air" zone, there is nothing left of that profit. 

5 hours ago, busdriver1 said:

Sp  the uk bus division is making a profit. You can take it from Me, none of that profit is being made in South Yorkshire. At best it is breaking even which given the actions of the PTE is actually a miracle. You will also find Stagecoach are in a similar position. Also, if you look into it, 37£M is a very small profit for a company with the turnover of First UK bus. Probably the reason that it is being either sold or set apart from the main first group business. When approx 200 new buses have been put into Leeds to comply with the pie in the sky "clean air" zone, there is nothing left of that profit. 

You do realise that when they report profit that it’s after all their investment? So the £37million is after their investment in Leeds, which is not entirely funded by them but also by grants from both central and local government. 

It seems to me there are a lot of angry people on both sides of the argument about drivers either should or should not get a pay rise ,if people just took a step back and realized what damage is being done with the attitude of the union ,they are the problem 

Guest busdriver1
15 minutes ago, leginemro said:

It seems to me there are a lot of angry people on both sides of the argument about drivers either should or should not get a pay rise ,if people just took a step back and realized what damage is being done with the attitude of the union ,they are the problem 

Nail on the head