Potential Bus driver strike - First

Merged the two threads.

Guest busdriver1
On 06/06/2019 at 18:41, bassett one said:

its that time of the year again ,with tramlines due

Do you think tramlines is even remotely of interest in this dispute? 

This is more about Unite the (alleged) union continuing its long standing efforts to have a go at First for any reason at any time.

Facts do not come in to it and Unite have a long track record of telling lies, miss representing truths and distorting facts in their long standing campaign.

And before anyone says anything I am not anti union but I am very strongly anti unite whose aim is to drag us back to the 70's and run everything their way.

The best resolution for this would be for the membership to wake up and join a reputable union. There are plenty to choose from.

Strikes proposed for Saturday 29th June and Monday 1st July.

On 08/06/2019 at 10:18, busdriver1 said:

Do you think tramlines is even remotely of interest in this dispute? 

This is more about Unite the (alleged) union continuing its long standing efforts to have a go at First for any reason at any time.

Facts do not come in to it and Unite have a long track record of telling lies, miss representing truths and distorting facts in their long standing campaign.

And before anyone says anything I am not anti union but I am very strongly anti unite whose aim is to drag us back to the 70's and run everything their way.

The best resolution for this would be for the membership to wake up and join a reputable union. There are plenty to choose from.

Happy with the "offer" of a wage freeze?

I’m not sure what the hourly rate is for driving a bus but I would estimate it to be about £12 an hour.  For what bus drivers have to put up with from the Public they should be on £20 an hour.  If this dispute turns into a bus strike we should all support the drivers. 

Guest busdriver1
3 hours ago, taxman said:

Happy with the "offer" of a wage freeze?

When you are aware of ALL the details rather than selective snippets.....................

4 hours ago, trainwalker said:

I’m not sure what the hourly rate is for driving a bus but I would estimate it to be about £12 an hour.  For what bus drivers have to put up with from the Public they should be on £20 an hour.  If this dispute turns into a bus strike we should all support the drivers. 

It's less than 12/hr at top rate. 

There are 3 rates depending on length of service. 

live in the real world  first are disgrace 

10 hours ago, trainwalker said:

you are  joking  not that  some first drivers have the worst attitude i have ever seen in customer service a wage freeze big wow  people are losing tehre  jobs and all first and unite are bothered about is a wage freeze get in the real world 

It works from both sides..

I have seen customers being rude and abusive to bus drivers, yes, it happens... but doesn't happen on every bus, every day, to every driver...

I have also seen the flipside, Drivers treating customers badly, being rude to them etc...

you can't say "the drivers put up with the public so they deserve more" - what about everyone else who 'deals with the public' - I have worked in call centers and have had abuse hurled at me, I have also worked in a shop behind a counter and also had abuse hurled at me...

7 hours ago, Ghozer said:

It works from both sides..

I have seen customers being rude and abusive to bus drivers, yes, it happens... but doesn't happen on every bus, every day, to every driver...

I have also seen the flipside, Drivers treating customers badly, being rude to them etc...

you can't say "the drivers put up with the public so they deserve more" - what about everyone else who 'deals with the public' - I have worked in call centers and have had abuse hurled at me, I have also worked in a shop behind a counter and also had abuse hurled at me...

In a call center are you surrounded by an assault shield & attack alarm? Are you alone, potentially in the middle of nowhere? 

No you're not. If a customer is aggressive/abusive to you then you can just terminate the call. 

8 minutes ago, Resident said:

In a call center are you surrounded by an assault shield & attack alarm? Are you alone, potentially in the middle of nowhere? 

No you're not. If a customer is aggressive/abusive to you then you can just terminate the call. 

Poppycock why  are the bus drivers saying there the victim  

40 minutes ago, Resident said:

a call center was just an example, I gave another example also, which doesnt have the ability to 'just hang up' as you stated..

my point was there is abuse no matter what job you do..