SWFC club statement 4pm, 6th June

The FA have issued the following statement at 4.00pm today:

Sheffield Wednesday FC player Fernando Forestieri has today been charged with a breach of FA Rule E3.

It is alleged that words he used during a friendly fixture against Mansfield Town FC on 24 July 2018 breached Rule E3[1] as they were abusive and/or insulting.

It is further alleged that the words constituted an ‘aggravated breach’, which is defined in Rule E3[2], as they included reference to ethnic origin and/or colour and/or race.

Forestieri has until 14 June 2019 to respond to the charge.

Looks like they going for him but why has it taken almost a year?

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2019/june/club-statement_fernando-forestieri/

Edited by iansheff

Wasn't he cleared in court for this?

41 minutes ago, Groose said:

Wasn't he cleared in court for this?

The evidence required for a conviction is higher in the criminal court than it would be in a FA hearing, i.e. beyond reasonable doubt v balance of probabilities, they will have been expecting this I'm sure.

The other player is no angel yet the fa are happy to take his word without any evidence it seems.

IF A COURT CANT  find him guilty,surely the fa cant,its his word v the other person ,cant make this stick i hope

21 minutes ago, bassett one said:

IF A COURT CANT  find him guilty,surely the fa cant,its his word v the other person ,cant make this stick i hope

If I remember correctly, after reading the court case, the judge intimated that he'd got away by the skin of his teeth, although I can't remember the judges exit words, but he was lucky.

They don't need as much evidence at a FA hearing, it doesn't have to be proven beyond a reasonable doubt, it will be based on the balance of probabilities.

So, say the judge in court requires a 99% chance of finding him guilty, the FA will only need 51% chance, which they probably have.

According to The Star website:

Sheffield Wednesday striker Fernando Forestieri faces a minimum five match ban if found guilty of a racism charge laid down by the Football Association.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/latest-owls-news/sheffield-wednesday-fernando-forestieri-faces-minimum-five-game-ban-if-found-guilty-of-fa-racism-charge-70581

Sports governing bodies are a law unto themselves.Toronto's baseball team had a top player charged with domestic abuse and he was banned for 70 games of a162 game schedule. He was later cleared in a court of law , but his employer traded him in panic and he is now on a much better team.So,at the end of the day,the victims in all of this are the fans of the team, including myself, as we lost a great player through trumped up charges. Even the player himself is better off, although he did go through a lot at the time.

Just been looking at the Wednesday page on the BBC site , has there been anymore on FF's  charge? I have not seen anything regarding it and it said that he had till the 14th June to respond to the charge.

Probably waiting for VAR!🙄