No flag raised on the Cenotaph for D Day anniversary

According to a post on Facebook our Council has neglected to raise a flag on the Cenotaph in Barkers Pool in remembrance on the 75th anniversary of D Day.  

An oversight, a conscious decision, or just not necessary?

What ??? No flag ? 😡

nope, Star have picked up on it now(not that will do anything) but after flying wrong flag earlier in the year its not good at all from the council

Whilst I don't personally go for all the ott stuff around commemorating ww1/ww2, preferring a low key approach, I think that raising a simple flag on the cenotaph at Barkers Pool would be appropriate and not to much trouble.

Good. Its all a bit too much all this "commemorating" of past wars. Why not call it what it is?

Indoctrinating people into risking their lives in rich mens wars and calling it "remembrance" and "patriotism" . The rich and the privileged get richer and more privileged whilst the commoner has to send their kids to die.

Sounds like a bad deal to me.

24 minutes ago, LizzieBirdswrth said:

Good. Its all a bit too much all this "commemorating" of past wars. Why not call it what it is?

Indoctrinating people into risking their lives in rich mens wars and calling it "remembrance" and "patriotism" . The rich and the privileged get richer and more privileged whilst the commoner has to send their kids to die.

So, we should have let Hitler rule the world then ?

24 minutes ago, LizzieBirdswrth said:

I don't think even rich people had much say in whether or not Hitler would invade Europe. Commemorating the bravery of our ancestors is a way of recognising them and showing gratitude. Without them, you would not be free and able to make your insensitive rants.

26 minutes ago, LizzieBirdswrth said:

If I was you I'd  read some history books that's  if you can read.

7 hours ago, lil-minx92 said:

According to a post on Facebook our Council has neglected to raise a flag on the Cenotaph in Barkers Pool in remembrance on the 75th anniversary of D Day.  

An oversight, a conscious decision, or just not necessary?

Did anything happen at the Cenotaph in Whitehall, or any others across the UK?

3 hours ago, LizzieBirdswrth said:

I'm sorry you feel the way you do.

Obviously everybody is entitled to express their opinions.

Maybe just take a minute to think about that though ................

Without our brave men and women going to war against Hitler,  you most probably wouldn't be able to openly express your opinion at all.

I am very proud of all our servicemen and women  past and present and this is our way of expressing our gratitude.

I will always remember them,  they are true HEROES and I cannot thank them enough.

27 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Did anything happen at the Cenotaph in Whitehall, or any others across the UK?

The Cenotaphs are there to remember all the war dead not just the ones on D Day. Today was a celebration of an event that began the end of Hitler and his Nazis.

5 hours ago, Yeah but said:

Whilst I don't personally go for all the ott stuff around commemorating ww1/ww2, preferring a low key approach, I think that raising a simple flag on the cenotaph at Barkers Pool would be appropriate and not to much trouble.

4 hours ago, LizzieBirdswrth said:

They was not commemorating any war, infact, they was condemning all wars, they was remembering the brave men who died in the war. commemorating any wars most certainly not. Lest we forget.