Peterborough by-election

1 hour ago, Voice of reason said:

Mostly by the 52% who stayed at home....

It was a disappointing turnout for sure. But it’s clear that the Brexit Party failed to mobilise the 61% that voted leave in 2016.

Maybe with some actual policies they might do better. Let’s face it, the UKIP policy set was pretty left wing at times in some respects. That is what the Brexit Party needs to pick up because they only managed to split the Tory vote in St Petersborough. 

Edited by I1L2T3

@I1L2T3 -never realised we lived in Russia 😀

But there again, maybe you wish we did.

Edited by RollingJ
Added comment

8 hours ago, I1L2T3 said:

It was a disappointing turnout for sure. But it’s clear that the Brexit Party failed to mobilise the 61% that voted leave in 2016.

Maybe with some actual policies they might do better. Let’s face it, the UKIP policy set was pretty left wing at times in some respects. That is what the Brexit Party needs to pick up because they only managed to split the Tory vote in St Petersborough. 

The Brexit Party  have one policy /aim and the clue is in their name.  Why do you think if the Brexit  Party had other policies they might have attracted more votes in the Peterborough by-election?   Farage might have not been happy the Brexit Party didn't win the Peterborough seat but I guess Brexit Party supporters are happy with the ways things are moving at the moment after their disappointment of the UK not leaving the EU on 29th March.

28 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

The Brexit Party  have one policy /aim and the clue is in their name.  Why do you think if the Brexit  Party had other policies they might have attracted more votes in the Peterborough by-election?   Farage might have not been happy the Brexit Party didn't win the Peterborough seat but I guess Brexit Party supporters are happy with the ways things are moving at the moment after their disappointment of the UK not leaving the EU on 29th March.

The Brexit Party are nothing more than a really large pressure group. They wield no political power domestically and are insignificant internationally. 

Their demands to represent this this country in negotiations with the EU is comical. Get an MP elected first. 

It’s unlikely the Brexit Party will ever hold any kind of power. They will pick up some seats and they might gain a few defectors but they have no power over the Brexit process.

3 hours ago, RollingJ said:

@I1L2T3 -never realised we lived in Russia 😀

But there again, maybe you wish we did.

Well until the result the other night it was promising to be a nirvana for Putin’s puppets on here. Hence the reference.

4 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

It’s unlikely the Brexit Party will ever hold any kind of power. They will pick up some seats and they might gain a few defectors but they have no power over the Brexit process.

Well until the result the other night it was promising to be a nirvana for Putin’s puppets on here. Hence the reference.

Not very subtle, IMO - but there you go.

On 07/06/2019 at 11:13, the_bloke said:

Already been outed by Guido as posting and liking anti Semitic posts on Facebook which she's quietly deleted since. 

Guido 😆 LOL

37 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

What silliness. If everybody just reverts to childish name calling, how can anything ever be achieved? Not long since you were telling us about the superior intellect, wisdom and world insight of Remain supporters. Leading by example is always a good thing.

12 minutes ago, Voice of reason said:

What silliness. If everybody just reverts to childish name calling, how can anything ever be achieved? Not long since you were telling us about the superior intellect, wisdom and world insight of Remain supporters. Leading by example is always a good thing.

Plenty of people on here doing Putin’s bidding for him. A no deal Brexit is exactly what he wants.

Nowt wrong with calling that out.

I make no apologies if you don’t like it.

Just now, I1L2T3 said:

Plenty of people on here doing Putin’s bidding for him. A no deal Brexit is exactly what he wants.

There's a difference between supporting Brexit, and being a "puppet" for a foreign leader, which implies deliberate treachery.

4 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

You know best, carry on.