Peterborough by-election

3 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

I know his agenda as do most people that look at his site. Are you suggesting the screenshots of Mrs Forbes facebook posts are fake and Guido is lying?

1 minute ago, the_bloke said:

I know his agenda as do most people that look at his site. Are you suggesting the screenshots of Mrs Forbes facebook posts are fake and Guido is lying?

I’m not suggesting anything other than the fact that Guido is as biased a news source as you can get.

2 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

I’m not suggesting anything other than the fact that Guido is as biased a news source as you can get.

Good. For a moment I thought you were trying to say that because of the bias involved that the information about her Facebook posts should be disregarded.

You can read about her thin apology here:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/labour-party-backlash-after-peterborough-byelection-winner-lisa-forbes-liked-antisemitic-posts-on-a4161821.html

Its also in various other newspapers this morning including it being mentioned in an interview with Andy McDonald in the Guardian.

Just now, the_bloke said:

Good. For a moment I thought you were trying to say that because of the bias involved that the information about her Facebook posts should be disregarded.

You can read about her thin apology here:

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/labour-party-backlash-after-peterborough-byelection-winner-lisa-forbes-liked-antisemitic-posts-on-a4161821.html

Its also in various other newspapers this morning including it being mentioned in an interview with Andy McDonald in the Guardian.

I’ve seen the Guardian report. I like my news unbiased 😀

It isn’t a great introduction to a new MP, is it? I would like to know a bit more about the different allegations. She’s saying it was a mistake. Other prominent Labour MPs seem a  little reluctant to just let that slide. I think that Jess Phillips’ response was a good one.

I’m very uneasy about all this Facebook mining though.  I think it is lazy journalism and likely to put good people off entering politics. I’ll bet that many people have liked a Facebook post without properly considering the meaning of it. That alone doesn’t make someone unfit for public office. We have many politicians who are unfit, but  with clean Facebook profiles. I guess you get the politicians you deserve in the end.

22 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

Watched the by election results late into the morning, and the interview with Andrew Neil and the Labour winner. He grilled her severely about her  liking anti Semitic posts on Facebook, which she had to apologise for in a fashion. She fits in well with Corbyn's idea of the Labour Party.

Not keen on watching Nigel slink away when Brexit lost. I have to admit I would rather have seen him stand his ground and simply tell the truth, it was a good night for Brexit, a very good night, but not good enough. The Labour vote collapsed, but not enough for a Brexit break through, simple as.

Angel1.

Not especially bothered about Labour winning, just glad to see Farage and  smug media commentator's noses put out of joint.

1 hour ago, the_bloke said:

Already been outed by Guido as posting and liking anti Semitic posts on Facebook which she's quietly deleted since. 

and she still won, 

27 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

I’ve seen the Guardian report. I like my news unbiased 😀

It isn’t a great introduction to a new MP, is it? I would like to know a bit more about the different allegations. She’s saying it was a mistake. Other prominent Labour MPs seem a  little reluctant to just let that slide. I think that Jess Phillips’ response was a good one.

I’m very uneasy about all this Facebook mining though.  I think it is lazy journalism and likely to put good people off entering politics. I’ll bet that many people have liked a Facebook post without properly considering the meaning of it. That alone doesn’t make someone unfit for public office. We have many politicians who are unfit, but  with clean Facebook profiles. I guess you get the politicians you deserve in the end.

According to the figures I can find, 406 constituencies voted leave, 242 voted remain. So if every MP had followed their constituents wishes, we would have left the EU by now with a huge 2 to 1 majority. But as you say,  "  we have many Politicians who are unfit " hopefully after the next GE these unfit self serving parasites will be on the dole, replaced by MP's who work for their constituents, not against them.

Angel1.

1 hour ago, the_bloke said:

Already been outed by Guido as posting and liking anti Semitic posts on Facebook which she's quietly deleted since. 

Perhaps she should do a Boris and be proud of her racism.

10 minutes ago, banjodeano said:

and she still won, 

And there is the problem.

Angel1.

4 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

According to the figures I can find, 406 constituencies voted leave, 242 voted remain. So if every MP had followed their constituents wishes, we would have left the EU by now with a huge 2 to 1 majority. But as you say,  "  we have many Politicians who are unfit " hopefully after the next GE these unfit self serving parasites will be on the dole, replaced by MP's who work for their constituents, not against them.

Angel1.

Wishful thinking. Most MPs get it that they are not delegates, but there to represent the best interests of their constituents rather than the misguided whims of their constituents.

1 minute ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Angel1.

Ah, so it was a contest between which parties have the biggest racists was it?

Strewth......

The main thing is the Brexit Party lost. That is good.

9 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Works both ways, there's a significant proportion of Brexiteers that have constituancies that voted remain :?

4 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

.. and yet, given that, you can't see any irony of voting for Farage? :roll:

Edited by Magilla