Premier League.... We're having a laugh.

6 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

At least someone else can see it, overseas viewers are only interested in the top 6 or so teams the rest are irrelevant in the eyes of the mandarins of the league, they'll try and preserve the interests of these at any cost.

It to me is like winning a competition but not liking the prize that's on offer.Just like it was with Bullseye on the box many years ago where you won a boat but lived 150 miles from the sea.To younger fans it is bound to be a puzzle to them when they can not remember us being in the Prem  to listen to us who can remember.I think about all the play acting all the diving all the cheating all the dodgy decisions by refs who seemed to always lean towards the untouchable top six.Like one who gave Liverpool a penalty at the Lane because we were leading one nil because a defender THOUGHT about fouling Gerrard so you have to cope with mind reading refs as well as teams cheating playing players who do not belong to them.Yes I am really looking forward to it😉.

Are there only 6 teams in the Premier League? It's widely accepted that the top 6 teams can be fairly accurately predicted before the start of the season - it's just the order that is a little more difficult to predict.

If your team happens to be one of the remaining 14 then most fans would be content with that, after all, the financial rewards are much better than in the Championship.

Those who post drivel about not wanting to be in the PL are creating excuses for the lack of success for their team. Their arguments are like the club they support - going nowhere. 

1 minute ago, SgtDave said:

Are there only 6 teams in the Premier League? It's widely accepted that the top 6 teams can be fairly accurately predicted before the start of the season - it's just the order that is a little more difficult to predict.

If your team happens to be one of the remaining 14 then most fans would be content with that, after all, the financial rewards are much better than in the Championship.

Those who post drivel about not wanting to be in the PL are creating excuses for the lack of success for their team. Their arguments are like the club they support - going nowhere. 

Well Dave I am a Blade and I would much rather watch a season like we have just had than to watch us doing a Fulham or a Huddersfield.The prem is getting like Scottish footy it is so predictable you can name who will be in the top six next year and you can also pick who is going to win the Scottish prem to.It is so uneven it is NOT a competition at all.Just a money machine.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, petcharlie said:

Well Dave I am a Blade and I would much rather watch a season like we have just had than to watch us doing a Fulham or a Huddersfield.The prem is getting like Scottish footy it is so predictable you can name who will be in the top six next year and you can also pick who is going to win the Scottish prem to.It is so uneven it is NOT a competition at all.Just a money machine.

Well Charlie, why not give them the chance they worked so hard for last season? If it doesn't work out then fair enough but in my opinion, they deserve the opportunity to have a shot at the big boys. If it's just a money machine then why can't we have a share of it?

Edited by Guest

Apart from about 6 teams the rest of the teams in the PL are just there to make the numbers up, and are unlikely to even get in the top 6. I wonder what will become of the PL if the so called European league ever happens when all the top European clubs play each other. Sky and the likes of BT will battle for the TV rights and the money going to the PL will drop, clubs will not be able to afford players and the ridiculous wages they earn. Imagine if a club had 11 first team  players all on the money De Gea wants (£350,000 pw) that's nearly £4m a week and not counting the substitutes or the other players they have.

1 hour ago, SgtDave said:

I'm obvioulsy not "most fans" and the financial rewards you mention don't affect the fans either, if SWFC get promoted I'll enjoy the campaign, celebrate the promotion and then switch allegiance to my nearest non-league side whilst following the Owls results from a distance, its a matter of principle but I can't stand anything the Premier league stands for, a friend of mine who was a lifelong Chelsea fan has done exactly the same thing, he works with underpriveledged children and despises the greed of the league his former team are in.

2 hours ago, SgtDave said:

Well Charlie, why not give them the chance they worked so hard for last season? If it doesn't work out then fair enough but in my opinion, they deserve the opportunity to have a shot at the big boys. If it's just a money machine then why can't we have a share of it?

Dave I understand what you say mate they were bloody great last year all of them heros they do not deserve playing in a league that is so uneven I really do hope it as changed since we were in it last time.I do hope the refs are not as biased to the big guys and they know who the actors and cheats are after all most fans do so why not them?The big six price the other 80 odd clubs out of joining them when they are paying players 2 or 3 hundred thousand quid a week thus making sure no one else can join them so it will go on for ever and ever the same results and trophy winners year in and year out BORING.It's like watching the same film over and over again no matter how many times you watch it it has the same old ending every time BORING.

2 hours ago, iansheff said:

Apart from about 6 teams the rest of the teams in the PL are just there to make the numbers up, and are unlikely to even get in the top 6. I wonder what will become of the PL if the so called European league ever happens when all the top European clubs play each other. Sky and the likes of BT will battle for the TV rights and the money going to the PL will drop, clubs will not be able to afford players and the ridiculous wages they earn. Imagine if a club had 11 first team  players all on the money De Gea wants (£350,000 pw) that's nearly £4m a week and not counting the substitutes or the other players they have.

You are right the wages are stupid  thats why you will have the same clubs at the top year after year after year because only a hand full of clubs can afford to pay over inflated money but these top clubs do not always pay the wages they buy these so called great players and then loan them out so the other clubs pay them while they control the better players and decide where they play.We have a stupid situation where these players can not get in the their clubs side but they play for the national side mainly because such as Chelsea see what potential a player has and buys him only to stop any of the other big clubs from having them.Chelsea had 40 players out on loan last year that is more than most clubs have all together.All those players being payed by other clubs it's like a industry making money while retaining quality players and deciding who they play for.These budget busting wages are why relegated clubs need parachute payments because they are paying prem wages while playing in the poorer Championship.Players who might be on 3 year contracts which pay stupid money still need paying their inflated wages .These wages are not sustainable in the championship and end up dragging the whole club down mainly because they clubs spend parachute payments on anything but the wage bill.

19 minutes ago, petcharlie said:

You are right the wages are stupid  thats why you will have the same clubs at the top year after year after year because only a hand full of clubs can afford to pay over inflated money but these top clubs do not always pay the wages they buy these so called great players and then loan them out so the other clubs pay them while they control the better players and decide where they play.We have a stupid situation where these players can not get in the their clubs side but they play for the national side mainly because such as Chelsea see what potential a player has and buys him only to stop any of the other big clubs from having them.Chelsea had 40 players out on loan last year that is more than most clubs have all together.All those players being payed by other clubs it's like a industry making money while retaining quality players and deciding who they play for.These budget busting wages are why relegated clubs need parachute payments because they are paying prem wages while playing in the poorer Championship.Players who might be on 3 year contracts which pay stupid money still need paying their inflated wages .These wages are not sustainable in the championship and end up dragging the whole club down mainly because they clubs spend parachute payments on anything but the wage bill.

100% agree again and its turned a lot of true fans off the game, thats why a lot of top flight matches are attended by fans who are "tourists" and killing the atmosphere, the cup competitions are also suffering as teams don't want to risk losing their sacred Premier League place by getting injuries in cups.

5 hours ago, petcharlie said:

I must be unwell because I agree with most of your comments.What are teams playing for in the prem?You have the big six and the others are just trying to avoid the drop.Well that is not exactly filling me with excitement .When the big guys can go out and spend 100mill on just one player it makes 20mill look a bit pathetic,not that it is pathetic it is not but it illustrates the gulf between the top clubs and the rest.It is to be honest barmy in my view to pay that money for a player and then pay him 100,000 quid A WEEK .The big clubs are quids in really they buy anyone half decent then loan them out so the other club can pay the guys wages and at the same time making sure others can not buy decent players.As it stands now it suits the top six very nicely.

Agree with both of you. I really don't like what the premiership has become. I live in hope the top club's form a breakaway league and take the money with them. Of course I want us to go up, survive a season or two but dropping back down to the championship wouldn't bother me in the slightest, I'd rather us be a yo yo team than fight relegation or mid table season after season

It's possible to do well with (relatively) little money. See Leicester/Bournemouth/Watford etc. 

One of the big problems with the top division is, the prize for finishing 5th/6th/7th is..... The Europa league, way too many games, and can really affect your season. It's almost worth finishing 8th just to miss out.

They need to separate it to the UEFA cup for league finishes, and cup winners cup for cup wins, like it used to be. Both much smaller tournaments.

The Tories, Hedgefunds, Banks and Bookmakers are about money. Tennis, Football, Cricket, Bowls, Table Tennis, Curling, Lacrosse, Swimming, Rugby, Golf and all the others are about sport.

The obscene money in Football, especially in the Premier League is poured in mainly by Geezers who've never kicked a ball in anger.

European League? Sooner, the better, coupled with equality with the clubs that remain. Buying victories, Cups and Titles should be outlawed, and Sky should be told to........... do one.