We’re excited to announce the forum is under new management! Details to follow.

Premier League.... We're having a laugh.

I won't harp on about it too much, because there is another thread about it. 

But this whole courtroom rubbish needn't take any gloss off where we are and what we are going into, being the finest league in the world!....Doesn't sound like HRH kept his side of the bargain and as a result, the hearing is very much leaning in McCabe's favour. Leave em to it I say, as in the meantime it isn't getting in Wilder and the boy's way!....They played through it all last season whilst it went on behind the scenes, but they battled away, kept focused.....And showed the league how it is done!.

Now......back on track!

The finest league in the world boys!....The percentage and odds are well and truly stacked against us!.....17 places to play for!! Watching us up against the best players and teams in the world! Visiting the best teams and grounds in the country! Well and truly on the worldwide platform, watched week in / week out around the world!!

It is well and truly exciting......Every single team outside of this division would love to be where we are!.. We are up here on merit and should enjoy and relish it!

A healthy enough budget to at least be competitive has been put in place, we will always struggle against those big boys, but we will grind it out and have a pop and the bottom half teams. This team that we have doesn't fear anyone! They will love it and enjoy it every week!

By the January transfer window we will most probably have new owners in with the power of investment, by then we should be able to address anything that needs sorting.....The initial £20m will go a decent way in improving key areas though and truth be said, we have players in our squad who are more than capable in this league!

............................................................................................................................................

The court case has been addressed!......There is another thread about that!

This is about the current best team in Sheffield! The Current best team in Yorkshire!....The premier league blades! Exciting!!

5 minutes ago, cmonkes said:

This is about the current best team in Sheffield! The Current best team in Yorkshire!....The premier league blades! Exciting!!

Do you have enough fingers on your left hand to count the Man City goals as they go in?

6 hours ago, Pettytom said:

Do you have enough fingers on your left hand to count the Man City goals as they go in?

He's already stated we'll struggle against the likes of Man City.

Edited by kevvy

He has a very rose tinted world view, it might be the so called "best league in the world" if your an player or an agent making a fortune but personally I think as a spectacle its dull, dominated by a handful of teams with billions to spend who with few exceptions are becoming untouchable, the rest can look forward to a tedious battle to finish mid-table while 8-10 teams only sense of achievment is not to drop through the trap door and lose the riches, there's no care given to fans with kick off times etc as TV revenue is king. Its been the worst thing to happen to English football and has turned off many fans who have followed the game for years.

As I said in another thread I think United will hold their own but are games against the likes of Watford, Bournemouth, Burnley, Southampton really that much of a big deal.

Its not for me I'm afraid.

Some upgrades to the lane going on too, new floodlights being installed, permanent TV boxes being installed inbetween the south stand and the kop, possible upgrade to the big TV screen so it can show VAR replays. all we need now is those machines that pour 10 pints at a time and we'll be set!

BTW, if we do manage to stay up for a couple of years the plan would be to develop the south stand before doing the kop, it would virtually double the height and add in another level of seats- plus they woudn't need to close it while the work is carried out.

34 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

He has a very rose tinted world view, it might be the so called "best league in the world" if your an player or an agent making a fortune but personally I think as a spectacle its dull, dominated by a handful of teams with billions to spend who with few exceptions are becoming untouchable, the rest can look forward to a tedious battle to finish mid-table while 8-10 teams only sense of achievment is not to drop through the trap door and lose the riches, there's no care given to fans with kick off times etc as TV revenue is king. Its been the worst thing to happen to English football and has turned off many fans who have followed the game for years.

As I said in another thread I think United will hold their own but are games against the likes of Watford, Bournemouth, Burnley, Southampton really that much of a big deal.

So you don't want wednesday to go up? and if they did would you go to the games?

9 minutes ago, scottf said:

Some upgrades to the lane going on too, new floodlights being installed, permanent TV boxes being installed inbetween the south stand and the kop, possible upgrade to the big TV screen so it can show VAR replays. all we need now is those machines that pour 10 pints at a time and we'll be set!

BTW, if we do manage to stay up for a couple of years the plan would be to develop the south stand before doing the kop, it would virtually double the height and add in another level of seats- plus they woudn't need to close it while the work is carried out.

So you don't want wednesday to go up? and if they did would you go to the games?

Not particularly no and no I don't think so, I really don't agree with what the Prem has brought to the game, I'd follow the results maybe watch the highlights but my attendance would drop to the odd game now and again, it holds no appeal for me whatsoever and I don't watch Premier League games at the moment, over hyped and dull.

Hmmm... :huh:

Well this whole idea of fans 'not wanting' to see their team play in the Premier League is a bit of a conundrum to me, and I suspect it's just another excuse to try to avoid the real disappointment of failing to achieve what every genuine footy fan should want for their team... to be the best they can!

What's the point in going on 'a journey' if you don't want to go to that 'destination'?

What's the point in getting excited about the prospects of being promoted if you don't want to play in the Premier League?

Who cares if when you get there you get a drubbing as long as you've given it your best shot?

I agree that the money involved these days has split teams into those who are successful (because they have the funds) and those that are less successful (because they don't), but guess what...

... that's what life is like in the non-footy world also.

And to say it's 'much better in the Championship' is yet another excuse.

It's 'much better' because at the moment (you think) Mr FFP Dodger has sufficient funds to be able to compete with the better-off teams...

... the 'big fish in a small pond' syndrome.

But we're already hearing murmurings of discontent about relegated teams receiving parachute payments and how it's 'unfair' and that 'we are expected to compete with teams' given hand-outs for being failures.

So let's get the rules changed - right?

Absolute nonsense!

What happens when inevitably the Championship becomes more like the Premier League and is dominated by the same few teams who are competing for promotion every season and the other teams are just there 'to make the numbers up'?

Well we don't care about that do we...

... as long as we don't happen to support one of those teams who are just there to 'make the numbers up'.

So again, it's a complete nonsense for anyone to say they don't want to see their team play at the top level.

Anyone with any ambition at all wants to be successful and the best at what they do.

And if you don't have ambition you may as well give up now... :roll:

48 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

Well this whole idea of fans 'not wanting' to see their team play in the Premier League is a bit of a conundrum to me, and I suspect it's just another excuse to try to avoid the real disappointment of failing to achieve what every genuine footy fan should want for their team... to be the best they can!

What's the point in going on 'a journey' if you don't want to go to that 'destination'?

What's the point in getting excited about the prospects of being promoted if you don't want to play in the Premier League?

Who cares if when you get there you get a drubbing as long as you've given it your best shot?

I agree that the money involved these days has split teams into those who are successful (because they have the funds) and those that are less successful (because they don't), but guess what...

... that's what life is like in the non-footy world also.

And to say it's 'much better in the Championship' is yet another excuse.

It's 'much better' because at the moment (you think) Mr FFP Dodger has sufficient funds to be able to compete with the better-off teams...

... the 'big fish in a small pond' syndrome.

But we're already hearing murmurings of discontent about relegated teams receiving parachute payments and how it's 'unfair' and that 'we are expected to compete with teams' given hand-outs for being failures.

So let's get the rules changed - right?

Absolute nonsense!

What happens when inevitably the Championship becomes more like the Premier League and is dominated by the same few teams who are competing for promotion every season and the other teams are just there 'to make the numbers up'?

Well we don't care about that do we...

... as long as we don't happen to support one of those teams who are just there to 'make the numbers up'.

So again, it's a complete nonsense for anyone to say they don't want to see their team play at the top level.

Anyone with any ambition at all wants to be successful and the best at what they do.

And if you don't have ambition you may as well give up now... :roll:

I totally disagree and what of your own fans on here does also. I do want my team to play at the top level but I don't agree with what the top level has become, basically its using the best sport in the world as a carrot to garner huge amounts of money in TV rights, everything else (fans included is secondary to that) being excited about promotion means you will have been at the top and won the majority of games in that season I go to see my team win so objective reached.

Who cares about a drubbing is the most ridiculous thing I've seen a fan type on here, Huddersfield won 3 games in the whole of last season and only 12 in two seasons, if thats what your happy to watch then so be it, I'm not.

11 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

I totally disagree and what of your own fans on here does also. I do want my team to play at the top level but I don't agree with what the top level has become, basically its using the best sport in the world as a carrot to garner huge amounts of money in TV rights, everything else (fans included is secondary to that) being excited about promotion means you will have been at the top and won the majority of games in that season I go to see my team win so objective reached.

Who cares about a drubbing is the most ridiculous thing I've seen a fan type on here, Huddersfield won 3 games in the whole of last season and only 12 in two seasons, if thats what your happy to watch then so be it, I'm not.

... you clearly never read back any of your own posts then Mr Top. :hihi:

28 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

... you clearly never read back any of your own posts then Mr Top. :hihi:

So you don't care about your team being beaten?

3 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

I must be unwell because I agree with most of your comments.What are teams playing for in the prem?You have the big six and the others are just trying to avoid the drop.Well that is not exactly filling me with excitement .When the big guys can go out and spend 100mill on just one player it makes 20mill look a bit pathetic,not that it is pathetic it is not but it illustrates the gulf between the top clubs and the rest.It is to be honest barmy in my view to pay that money for a player and then pay him 100,000 quid A WEEK .The big clubs are quids in really they buy anyone half decent then loan them out so the other club can pay the guys wages and at the same time making sure others can not buy decent players.As it stands now it suits the top six very nicely.

3 minutes ago, petcharlie said:

I must be unwell because I agree with most of your comments.What are teams playing for in the prem?You have the big six and the others are just trying to avoid the drop.Well that is not exactly filling me with excitement .When the big guys can go out and spend 100mill on just one player it makes 20mill look a bit pathetic,not that it is pathetic it is not but it illustrates the gulf between the top clubs and the rest.It is to be honest barmy in my view to pay that money for a player and then pay him 100,000 quid A WEEK .The big clubs are quids in really they buy anyone half decent then loan them out so the other club can pay the guys wages and at the same time making sure others can not buy decent players.As it stands now it suits the top six very nicely.

At least someone else can see it, overseas viewers are only interested in the top 6 or so teams the rest are irrelevant in the eyes of the mandarins of the league, they'll try and preserve the interests of these at any cost.