BBC Bias - "Accidental" Gaffes

To be honest I think you're making a bit of a meal about his name being misspoken several times...

Have you wrote to the BBC to express your concerns?

1 hour ago, Mister M said:

To be honest I think you're making a bit of a meal about his name being misspoken several times...

Have you wrote to the BBC to express your concerns?

No, I haven't *written* to the BBC about it. Not yet. I may well do though.

On 12/06/2019 at 22:45, WiseOwl182 said:

No, I haven't *written* to the BBC about it. Not yet. I may well do though.

Jeremy Hunt has asked that presenters 'grow up' and get over the fact his last name rhymes with an unpleasant word. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7139905/Stop-calling-Jeremy-C-says-Jeremy-Hunt-series-air-gaffes-presenters.html

The odd thing is that I can't ever recall someone mistakenly saying something else instead of Gareth Hunt.

Maybe Jeremy just invokes something inside people that makes them say what they're thinking?

Not worth writing to BBC. We just have to get used to the fact that they sometimes act as a bunch of hunts.

6 hours ago, alchresearch said:

The odd thing is that I can't ever recall someone mistakenly saying something else instead of Gareth Hunt.

Maybe Jeremy just invokes something inside people that makes them say what they're thinking?

Only political opponents will be thinking that. The BBC are supposed to be impartial. They're clearly not.

21 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

Only political opponents will be thinking that. The BBC are supposed to be impartial. They're clearly not.

It does seen odd that all the people listed in the above article who have made the slip up are BBC presenters.

Is that because no-one on Channel 4, ITV, Sky etc has ever got his name wrong, or has the article only looked at BBC presenters? 

Edited by Robin-H

43 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

It does seen odd that all the people listed in the above article who have made the slip up are BBC presenters.

Is that because no-one on Channel 4, ITV, Sky etc has ever got his name wrong, or has the article only looked at BBC presenters? 

I've said it before, there is clearly an in-joke at the BBC where they dare each other to say this on air. The next person to do it should be straight sacked, no messing about.

42 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

It's the Daily Mail, of course it only going to have looked at BBC presenters. Presenters working for other broadcasters have made the same mistake.

A more reasoned argument about why these slip-ups keep happening, and why they are not evidence of bias, can be found in Here's why people can't stop calling Jeremy Hunt the C-word.

1 hour ago, altus said:

It's the Daily Mail, of course it only going to have looked at BBC presenters. Presenters working for other broadcasters have made the same mistake.

A more reasoned argument about why these slip-ups keep happening, and why they are not evidence of bias, can be found in Here's why people can't stop calling Jeremy Hunt the C-word.

It doesn't matter if it happens on other channels that aren't publicly funded with impartiality built into their legal charter. It matters when it's the BBC precisely because they're supposed to be impartial and yet they employ so many left leaning journalists and presenters, who seem to want to make it apparent how they refer to Tory MPs.

37 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

It doesn't matter if it happens on other channels that aren't publicly funded with impartiality built into their legal charter. It matters when it's the BBC precisely because they're supposed to be impartial and yet they employ so many left leaning journalists and presenters, who seem to want to make it apparent how they refer to Tory MPs.

Robin-H asked if anyone working for other broadcasters had made the same mistake and I was answering that question - not saying "well other broadcasters do it too".

Real the article I linked to - it explains the mechanism behind it and why it isn't evidence of bias. Even if you threatened presenters with the sack if they make the mistake all you'd do it prime them to be more likely to make it.

On 04/06/2019 at 13:15, Yeah but said:

The way that Question Time completely altered its format, having the entire panel, including the host, spend 40 minutes focusing on one guest - Nick Griffin was an absolute disgrace. Whatever you think about Nick Griffin, the BBC clearly took the mick there They had to have him on because he was the leader of a party that had recently had some council and European electoral success, but it was an ambush of him.

You're right of course, but my god was he useless. Killed him and the BNP off as an electoral force. Should get Tommy2% on he'd be fodder as well.

Loved it when he said he supported the " KKK, but not the violent KKK, the peaceful one" whilst sat next to a black American woman, who  up to that point had  metaphorically put her arm round him to protect him from the nasty QT audience, after that gaffe he was on his own.

Proves that " no platforming" racists is not always the best policy