Jump to content

When is it ok to have an abortion?

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

 

11 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

No, I think that the law as it stands is broadly correct.  And since I've answered your question, can you answer it as well?  Do YOU think that there should be NO limitations on a woman's right to choose what happens to her body?

That's interesting, so you're advocating different rights for men and women when it comes to bodily autonomy?

 

Unless you can come up with a restriction for men that I'm not aware of.

Edited by SnailyBoy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SnailyBoy said:

I'm not qualified to give you an answer to that.

So you've spent pages arguing about a topic on which you don't think you have the ability to form an opinion?  So to what point are you arguing and questioning people?

Way back on page 9 or something you seemed offended that I tried to ask for clarity from the poster of post #85, who, you'll remember, agreed with the idea from the opening post that women should be able to abort right up until birth.
Not give birth, not have a cesarean, the specific opinion they were agreeing with was abort up until birth.

Just now, SnailyBoy said:

 

That's interesting, so you're advocating different rights for men and women when it comes to bodily autonomy?

 

 

I won't answer any more questions until you answer them as well.  You seem to think you're in a position to keep simply demanding answers without offering any of your own.

10 hours ago, SnailyBoy said:

Actually you're playing the word games yourself, you're using the term abortion in the sense that it would automatically result the the death of the foetus, viable or not.

 

So, what medical procedure would be used to terminate a pregnancy at nine months?

 

For example, a woman at the end of her tether, shouting 'I want this thing out of me, right now'

What do you think would happen?

 

 

Back on page 9 you accused me of playing word games, we've established that it is actually you trying to change the meanings of established medical terms, trying to reframe the debate and trying to shift the topic to be something other than that given in the opening post.

This is a) obvious and b) disingenuous.  What point do you think you're making here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cyclone said:

So you've spent pages arguing about a topic on which you don't think you have the ability to form an opinion?  So to what point are you arguing and questioning people?

Way back on page 9 or something you seemed offended that I tried to ask for clarity from the poster of post #85, who, you'll remember, agreed with the idea from the opening post that women should be able to abort right up until birth.
Not give birth, not have a cesarean, the specific opinion they were agreeing with was abort up until birth.

Nah, I explained that later on.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

  What point do you think you're making here?

He's a troll.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SnailyBoy said:

Nah, I explained that later on.

 

 

 

 

You still refuse to answer questions that you're asking other people.  Until that changes this discussion is over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Cyclone said:

I won't answer any more questions until you answer them as well.  You seem to think you're in a position to keep simply demanding answers without offering any of your own.

 

I think men and women should be equal when it comes to bodily autonomy.

 

Why don't you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, SnailyBoy said:

I think men and women should be equal when it comes to bodily autonomy.

 

Why don't you?

Agreed. Men shouldn't be allowed to abort their 8 month old babies either.

Edited by WiseOwl182

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, SnailyBoy said:

I think men and women should be equal when it comes to bodily autonomy.

 

Why don't you?

They don’t think it should be unequal.

 

you’re just throwing unjustified accusations at people again.

 

Can you not just clarify once and for all what your issue is with the nhs guidance on abortion - given you’ve said you agree with it. 

 

And also why anyone saying we shouldn’t deviate from that guidance is suggesting inequality in body autonomy between men and women? 

Edited by makapaka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The bickering can cease now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What bickering? There's a user deliberately being provocative by accusing others of being like Trump, answering questions with questions, and repeatedly refusing to answer direct questions himself. It's not surprising people are pushing for an answer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Renowned neurosurgeon, one of America's foremost neurosurgeons, Ben Carson, recently said this. He said:

"I've had the privilege of being able to operate on little babies that were 25, 26, 27, 28 weeks' gestation. And I can guarantee you that they can feel. They can react. You have to give them anaesthesia if you're going to cut them. But they can also respond to comfort and to warmth. And for somebody to say that's a meaningless bunch of cells honestly it's just totally ignorant."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, MAC33 said:

Renowned neurosurgeon, one of America's foremost neurosurgeons, Ben Carson, recently said this. He said:

"I've had the privilege of being able to operate on little babies that were 25, 26, 27, 28 weeks' gestation. And I can guarantee you that they can feel. They can react. You have to give them anaesthesia if you're going to cut them. But they can also respond to comfort and to warmth. And for somebody to say that's a meaningless bunch of cells honestly it's just totally ignorant."

Who says that a 25 week old foetus is a meaningless bunch of cells? 

 

The legal cut off for abortion in the UK, unless the mother's life is at risk or the child would be born with severe disability, is 24 weeks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.