When is it ok to have an abortion?

Just now, SnailyBoy said:

I think you're letting your emotions get the better of you.

You should try and think more about actual reality.

I think you're dodging the question again as usual.

A woman carries a baby for 8 months and 30 days and then decides she doesn't want it any more. Should she be able to abort it?  Yes or no will suffice.

1 minute ago, makapaka said:

Ok - which exceptional circumstances other than those set out in the nhs guidelines need to be considered - and until when should they be taken into account after the 24 week period has expired? 

I'm not qualified to give you an answer to that.

2 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

I think you're dodging the question again as usual.

A woman carries a baby for 8 months and 30 days and then decides she doesn't want it any more. Should she be able to abort it?  Yes or no will suffice.

No, I'm not answering because you're being ridiculous, repetitive and pretty boring.

You know my views.

13 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

It's possible. Why wouldn't it be? The discussion isn't about what women would do, it's about what they legally or morally should be able to do.

I think you need to look at your attitude towards women.

Guest makapaka
21 minutes ago, SnailyBoy said:

I'm not qualified to give you an answer to that.

No - clearly - so why you’ve set out likening people to Donald trump for demonstrating that you can’t substantiate your arguments is something you shouldn’t have done really. 

It seems your argument is that women won’t terminate late in pregnancy because why would they?

And you don’t want the guidelines changed.

And the current guidelines don’t allow it other than in the exceptional circumstances outlined above.

And you don’t know what other circumstances there are because you’re not qualified. 

Yet you’re still arguing about women’s rights - strange.

Edited by makapaka

Just now, makapaka said:

No - clearly - so why you’ve set out likening people to Donald trump for demonstrating that you can’t substantiate your arguments is something you shouldn’t have done really. 

It seems your argument is that women won’t terminate late in pregnancy because why would they?

But you don’t want the guidelines changed.

And the current guidelines don’t allow it other than in the exceptional circumstances outlined above.

but you don’t know what other circumstances there are because you’re not qualified. 

Yet you’re still arguing about women’s rights - strange.

You're comparable to Donald Trump because of your earlier posts and the similarity to his quote from CNN, that easy to see. Nothing to do with my argument.

My argument is that women should have the right to choose what happens to their bodies, with that the evidence shows that healthy women with full term viable pregnancies choose  to have the baby, not this hypothetical full term abortion at 8 months and 31 days.

The guidelines don't need changing because (see above) but I guess women need to be assured that the option is there for a late term abortion if their life is in danger or because of foetal abnormalities.

I'm not qualified because I don't know what constitutes life in danger or come to that foetal abnormalities.

Yep, I'm arguing women's rights, so?

Guest makapaka
2 minutes ago, SnailyBoy said:

You're comparable to Donald Trump because of your earlier posts and the similarity to his quote from CNN, that easy to see. Nothing to do with my argument.

My argument is that women should have the right to choose what happens to their bodies, with that the evidence shows that healthy women with full term viable pregnancies choose  to have the baby, not this hypothetical full term abortion at 8 months and 31 days.

The guidelines don't need changing because (see above) but I guess women need to be assured that the option is there for a late term abortion if their life is in danger or because of foetal abnormalities.

I'm not qualified because I don't know what constitutes life in danger or come to that foetal abnormalities.

Yep, I'm arguing women's rights, so?

So?

you’re arguing for women’s rights that already exist. 

Women dont need need to be assured about late term abortion if their life is at risk or there are foetal abnormalities. The NHS guidelines already state that.

so you seem to indicate that there should be additional women’s rights in this regard - but you don’t want the guidelines changed and by your own admission are not qualified to explain why they should be (changed - which you don’t want???). 

strange.

24 minutes ago, SnailyBoy said:

No, I'm not answering because you're being ridiculous, repetitive and pretty boring.

You know my views.

I don't know your views. Why don't you answer the question?

A woman carries a baby for 8 months and 30 days and then decides she doesn't want it any more. Should she be able to abort it?  Yes or no will suffice.

1 minute ago, WiseOwl182 said:

I don't know your views. Why don't you answer the question?

A woman carries a baby for 8 months and 30 days and then decides she doesn't want it any more. Should she be able to abort it?  Yes or no will suffice.

see #147

26 minutes ago, SnailyBoy said:

I think you need to look at your attitude towards women.

Why? Are you saying there are no bad women in the world? Some women have been convicted for murdering their own children. Some women may make bad decisions due to mental health issues or drug problems. Are you saying it's impossible that any woman would ever abort a baby at near full term?

Just now, SnailyBoy said:

see #147

Which doesn't exist. You said this at post #145. Why not answer the question instead of referring to non-existent posts?

3 minutes ago, makapaka said:

So?

you’re arguing for women’s rights that already exist. 

Women dont need need to be assured about late term abortion if their life is at risk or there are foetal abnormalities. The NHS guidelines already state that.

so you seem to indicate that there should be additional women’s rights in this regard - but you don’t want the guidelines changed and by your own admission are not qualified to explain why they should be (changed - which you don’t want???). 

strange.

Yes, as I said they get assurance from the guidelines.

Nope  I said I wasn't qualified on the medical matters.

Not strange

13 minutes ago, SnailyBoy said:

If they choose to have the baby and not abort it at full term, that implies there could be a choice to abort it. Should there be a choice at that stage? There isn't currently. Do you want the law changed so that women have that choice?

Just now, WiseOwl182 said:

If they choose to have the baby and not abort it at full term, that implies there could be a choice to abort it. Should there be a choice at that stage? There isn't currently. Do you want the law changed so that women have that choice?

Desperate or what?