Plans for Abbeydale Picture House

Not sure if this should be in the Going Out or General Discussions section?

We went to an event there last year. We went to the matinee rather than the evening. It was a nightmare to find parking. Public transport is out of the question where we live and a taxi there and back would be really expensive. 

On 02/06/2019 at 18:43, Chez2 said:

We went to an event there last year. We went to the matinee rather than the evening. It was a nightmare to find parking. Public transport is out of the question where we live and a taxi there and back would be really expensive. 

There is parking on just about every side street within walking distance.

12 minutes ago, philyyy said:

There is parking on just about every side street within walking distance.

Well there wasn't any spaces when we got there, we drove round and round.  My husband can squeeze in the smallest of parking spaces but there weren't any.  We were fairly early for the event too. We ended up parking down the side road in a car park but when we came out we weren't sure if we should have parked there.  I think the car park we parked in was for something else. 

4 minutes ago, Chez2 said:

Well there wasn't any spaces when we got there, we drove round and round.  My husband can squeeze in the smallest of parking spaces but there weren't any.  We were fairly early for the event too. We ended up parking down the side road in a car park but when we came out we weren't sure if we should have parked there.  I think the car park we parked in was for something else. 

Swimming baths by the sound of it.

1 hour ago, philyyy said:

Swimming baths by the sound of it.

Yes, thats what I thought I saw on the sign when we came out. 

On 02/06/2019 at 18:27, GinTreeS7 said:

So excited by the future plans for this building.

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/abbeydalepicturehouse

I hope they achieve their goals. What does everyone else think? It should be a cultural amenity for the community and hopefully not just another Weatherspoons 🙆‍♂️

Interesting that a couple of people have been air-brushed out of the restoration project...

On 02/06/2019 at 18:27, GinTreeS7 said:

So excited by the future plans for this building.

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/abbeydalepicturehouse

I hope they achieve their goals. What does everyone else think? It should be a cultural amenity for the community and hopefully not just another Weatherspoons 🙆‍♂️

I wasn't aware of this until I read your post.  I also think it's wonderful.  What a marvellous old building and what a great idea to make it a community hub once again.