Microsoft word and fuzzy toolbars.

As the title says my M/S word toolbars are fuzzy is this the norm with W10 or is mine wonky?

Try this: Check under File>Options>Advanced>Display and check the box for "Use subpixel positioning to smooth fonts on screen" and also try changing the setting for "Disable hardware graphics acceleration"

Typical of Microsoft adding new features which have then to be constantly switched off - I guess they must find work for their programmers somehow - sigh !

3 hours ago, Ghozer said:

Try this: Check under File>Options>Advanced>Display and check the box for "Use subpixel positioning to smooth fonts on screen" and also try changing the setting for "Disable hardware graphics acceleration"

When I go onto File and the window drops down there is no options tag.

8 hours ago, Kidorry said:

As the title says my M/S word toolbars are fuzzy is this the norm with W10 or is mine wonky?

What screen resolution are you using as it could be down to the DPI settings as it a know bug/glitch in windows 10 if its over 1080p. If that is your problem then right click on the Word shortcut > properties > Compatibility > Change high DPI settings and click Override high DPI scaling behaviour to Application.

7 hours ago, apelike said:

What screen resolution are you using as it could be down to the DPI settings as it a know bug/glitch in windows 10 if its over 1080p. If that is your problem then right click on the Word shortcut > properties > Compatibility > Change high DPI settings and click Override high DPI scaling behaviour to Application.

Tried your suggestion and it is still the same. Could it be that I am running  M/S word 2003.

Have you tried another program?   Could it be a faulty monitor and the issue is more noticable with Word?

56 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

Have you tried another program?   Could it be a faulty monitor and the issue is more noticable with Word?

Libre office and paint shop pro are fine it is just Word.

5 hours ago, Kidorry said:

Tried your suggestion and it is still the same. Could it be that I am running  M/S word 2003.

2003!!! I think you are right with that as it was probably originally designed to run in a much lower resolution. With a quick google it seem that a few others are having the same problem but there doesn't seem to be a fix.

7 hours ago, apelike said:

2003!!! I think you are right with that as it was probably originally designed to run in a much lower resolution. With a quick google it seem that a few others are having the same problem but there doesn't seem to be a fix.

Thanks for that, so I will just have to put up with it. Thank you everyone for your suggestions.