Surprised at Anthony Joshua deafeat by Andu Ruiz

No I only have freeview on telly. 

I'm guessing it was on something like sky or PPV.

Do they usually appear on normal telly after a short while? 

They do but I think it may be some time before they screen it. It was probably on Sky Box Office whilst I have Sky I wouldn't pay to view it, pay them enough as it is.

seen the fight,he was fighting a fat flabby fellow,so it proves the  reason why he wont fight the gypsy king or wilder,cant wait to see those 2 slog it out for a proper world champion.

3 hours ago, Janus said:

No I only have freeview on telly. 

I'm guessing it was on something like sky or PPV.

Do they usually appear on normal telly after a short while? 

You can catch decent highlights on youtube now.

As for the fight, no doubt a major upset but credit to Joshua for not making any excuses.

I personally think he took the fella too lightly, the build up was good and there was not trash talk (something that works up AJ before a fight)- AJ was originally focused on Miller!

In addition, since he has been paraded around America, probably was complacent, thinking ahead towards Wilder or Fury- and everyone pretty much expected him to walk through Ruiz. That clearly was not on Ruiz's mind, he came to give it all and did just that!

1 hour ago, bassett one said:

seen the fight,he was fighting a fat flabby fellow,so it proves the  reason why he wont fight the gypsy king or wilder,cant wait to see those 2 slog it out for a proper world champion.

He was not a fat flabby fellow.

Now THIS is a fat flabby fellow...!

Ruiz had really quick hands and AJ had no answer,apart from a brief flurry in the 3rd,he never attacked,once Ruiz came back at him in that 3rd round,AJ was finished and it was just a matter of time.

I must admit I didn't think Ruiz Jr would be good enough to beat AJ but I think defeat has been on the cards for a while now. He gets caught and gets himself in trouble far too often but has always been able to rely on power to get him through before. 

AJ was all over the place in the 2nd round back when he fought Whyte, was poor and struggled against Takam, had a nightmare against a fading Klitschko (who Fury had previously dismantled) and was almost stopped in the 6th/7th round (can't remember which), then was being outboxed  by Povetkin until his size and power helped him take over from about the 3rd round.

I believe he'll have to completely rebuild his defence before going anywhere near Fury or Wilder.

On the plus side though hopefully there'll be a trip to the rematch at Wembley later in the year to look forward to.

16 hours ago, Mr Fisk said:

As for the fight, no doubt a major upset but credit to Joshua for not making any excuses.

I personally think he took the fella too lightly, the build up was good and there was not trash talk (something that works up AJ before a fight)- AJ was originally focused on Miller!

Exactly it's a common and fatal error to look past your current opponent, everyone was doing it and talking about the next fight before he'd even got in the ring on Saturday.

Credit to Ruiz, he seized the opportunity and put in a stellar performance.  A worthy win he thoroughly deserved.

16 hours ago, Hair island said:

He gets caught and gets himself in trouble far too often but has always been able to rely on power to get him through before. 

He's got a nasty habit of going storming in with loads of big punches to the point he's completely exhausted and can't mount a good defence.

I don't even think that was his issue at the weekend though, his head wasn't in the fight, Ruiz easily outboxed him and put him on the floor.

On 03/06/2019 at 11:44, geared said:

Exactly it's a common and fatal error to look past your current opponent, everyone was doing it and talking about the next fight before he'd even got in the ring on Saturday.

Credit to Ruiz, he seized the opportunity and put in a stellar performance.  A worthy win he thoroughly deserved.

He's got a nasty habit of going storming in with loads of big punches to the point he's completely exhausted and can't mount a good defence.

I don't even think that was his issue at the weekend though, his head wasn't in the fight, Ruiz easily outboxed him and put him on the floor.

May even be time for a new trainer.

Talk out there Mcracken is not upto the task to take AJ forward.

Hype jobs always get found out.  AJ is the Amir Khan of the heavy weight division.  Being a pretty boy and a body builder isn't boxing.