Cricket World Cup 2019

Can't take nothing say from Stokes but wow what an innings,we rode our luck a few times but that was the only way we could win after Broad went,a word for Leach too but can't understand why we didn't bring him in above Broad.

Agree with some Root to Chuck the captaincy,Roy Denly and Burns out.

What a finish.

2 hours ago, Amt239 said:

Can't take nothing say from Stokes but wow what an innings,we rode our luck a few times but that was the only way we could win after Broad went,a word for Leach too but can't understand why we didn't bring him in above Broad.

Agree with some Root to Chuck the captaincy,Roy Denly and Burns out.

What a finish.

I am glad Leach didn’t bat above Broad. If he did, would he have been still so defensive?

Edited by Albert the Cat

But he can bat a bit,98 against Ireland says so,Broad is awful with the bat,I think his job was to not get out 

Wow what a day that was,Ben Stokes arise knight of the relm,Gary Lyon what lovely hands youve got,Stokes bang out but Oz have used up all their reviews,I will NEVER tire of watching that 4th day,and at Headingley AGAIN,it took me back to that memorable day when Willis bowled them out and we came back from the dead after Beefys big ton and Dilleys 50.

Once Root went,it looked like curtains,and to make it worse I was at work with just a radio.

I must have watched it a dozen times by now and still cant believe the pure drama that unfolded 35 miles north of where i was working.

And from the sublime to the ridiculous,Overton replaces Woakes whose took wickets at an average of 29 @ an overcast Old Trafford,just becuase he once got Smith out,4 years ago.

I miss Jimmy Anderson already.

We cant catch,otherwise wed be WELL in this game.weve been abysmal with the ball,apart from Broad

What are the electors paid to do,we have batsmen who can't bat but still get picked,we have bowlers who have been put on a pedestal who are average,get Boycs back.

Didnt expect us to look this poor against Aus,weve barely won a session all series,theyve trounced us this ashes with bat,ball and in the field

Woakes has been a mystery this series. Not called on enough, not great when he has been. I saw him - certainly after last summer - as the new Anderson in waiting.

England with a sub par score, out with booming drives against some very good Australian bowling, too good for our poor technique and or shot selection. A couple got a good one but most was a bit daft. Stokes papered over some huge cracks - our batting is ****e and has been for some time. We should have changed our batting, we didn't, we will now not be able to win the ashes. Next test we should change our batting and our captain. We won't, we might fiddle about with the seamers again and we will - weather permitting - lose the ashes 3-1 to an Aussie side with a decent bowling line up but average batting line up - smith and labuschagne aside. The few highlights have been archer, stokes and Warner scoring very little.

Smith though  - some player.

He's defensive but a better batsman than Broad or Archer.

On 26/08/2019 at 10:13, Albert the Cat said:

I am glad Leach didn’t bat above Broad. If he did, would he have been still so defensive?

See above

Edited by Amt239

Totally let down by our batting,Sky said 2 evenly matched sides,Steve Smith was the difference.

I'd say our bowling was behind as well, just didn't get our lengths right enough, but we were missing Anderson and, let's be honest, Overton was well down the pecking order. Bowling doesn't worry me that much - I'd like to see how well leach does in the winter.

But we are not producing test batsmen any more. Burns has a bit of promise, although continues to get out in new and interesting ways. But denley - no. Roy, no - stick to ODIs and be brilliant. Butler and bairstow, - these two can't be best top 6 batsmen we've got. Bairstow got a good one, but It was coming. Butler showed a bit of fight, but too little to late really. Neither are our best keeper. Stokes was the highlight.

Root. What to say. He's still our best bat - but was pretty ordinary this series - bit his captaincy is awful. He's a safe pair of hands with the media (Not in the field at moment) but unless we take a hugely unusual step of making stokes captain (And potentially  ruin his game) we're stuck with him as captain.  Aussies though are on the up, they cant not be with their pace attack and smith in form. England are not, you can tell that by the sort of coaches who are after bayliss job. Micky Arthur? God I hope not.

Steve Smith out cheap today only 80 runs!! And stralia dropping catches allover the park,what a difference a test makes,Stark or Pattinson would have kept our 1st innings score down,although Marsh has been the standout bowler.

The scoring rates in the previous tests tell us all we need to know about this series,england have plodded along at a touch above 2,while Aus lowest rate is 3.33