Wilder to leave?

16 hours ago, petcharlie said:

Well you are right someday he will leave every one leaves their job sometime but right now he is our man so we should enjoy the ride while we have him.He is in my opinion the best british manager around so he is bound to be in demand ,if he was not in demand obviously he would not be as good at his job as he is.He is a winner the only thing that could put a spanner in the works is this court case and if the outcome is not to his liking .Both parties involved in the court case say they want to sell the club and if the rumours are to be believed they have someone waiting in the wings to take over.So it sounds that Wilder will have a new gaffer who ever wins the case.I just hope they understand what a gem they have with Wilder and they look after him.

What do you think the board would do if United found themselves say 8 points adrift in bottom 3 come January ? Throw money at it ? Change the manager in a panic move ? 

Huddersfield kind of just accepted it but should be better for it in terms of their finances. Whereas Fulham spent millions 

Discontent in the board room to be honest think the blades may have blown it if they dont settle the crap out soon. 

I think he would say sod it lm off. 

41 minutes ago, cmonkes said:

Based on what....??

It's the same "discontent" that existed ALL of last season and how did that work out?. You all act as though this is all new, when the truth of the matter is that this has been going on for at least 2-3 seasons.

Wilder has been given a budget and he is content to lead the team that he loves, in the best league in the world.

The court case won't go on for much longer and it is of no detriment to the team, because McCabe is digging deep and funding the summer transfers. None of this hinders Wilder or the squad....just like it didn't last year!.....Okay he doesn't get a crazy budget, but he gets a healthy budget! His plan being to strengthen the core squad... He is well in line with what he wants! Of course he would probably like a bit more, but the initial £20m is a good starting point....

Literally clutching at straws time and time again on this board...... Concentrate on your own clubs! Seriously.....

If you  keep telling yourself there is no issue you may start to believe it soon!

Odd thread, there's been a dispute between the two Blades owners for the best part of two years. Chris Wilder won't be leaving this summer. 

On 02/06/2019 at 15:16, Bash Street said:

I wouldn't think he's over flush with money at the moment (not saying he's skint) and he may succumb to that big pay day if it's on offer to set him up for life.

Without a doubt, it's going to be an interesting season for both clubs. His personal bargaining power will plummet by the end of the season, he could well go for the big pay day while his stock is at a high. All conjecture of course.

Bash street, why are you putting yourself through all this ? Accept it, what's happened has happened.

1 hour ago, Ridgewalk said:

Bash street, why are you putting yourself through all this ? Accept it, what's happened has happened.

I'm loving the intrigue, leave me be,

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-united/latest-blades-news/sheffield-united-ownership-battle-prince-abdullah-tells-high-court-his-believes-his-ps10m-investment-should-have-been-spent-more-wisely-70346

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-united/latest-blades-news/sheffield-united-im-not-in-manchester-citys-money-league-admits-blades-co-owner-as-high-court-hearing-continues-70334

Have you been following it? Just managed to avoid insolvency, Prince can't remember where he got £1m from, Ched Evans returned cos' McCabe wanted him back (I thought I detected a bit of dissent in Wilders view at the time).

Wilder must be having thoughts of quitting wouldn't you think?

Talk about washing your dirty linen in public.

Edited by Bash Street

On 04/06/2019 at 07:30, redbig said:

What do you think the board would do if United found themselves say 8 points adrift in bottom 3 come January ? Throw money at it ? Change the manager in a panic move ? 

Huddersfield kind of just accepted it but should be better for it in terms of their finances. Whereas Fulham spent millions 

Difficult to say being United I can not say they will throw money at it and I can not see them wanting to change the manager either.If they wish to throw money at it it needs throwing now because I feel they need to spend 30 to 40 million to up grade the team 20 mill I feel is not enough but we do have Wilder who is brilliant at getting bargains and managing money.He really gets his monies worth out of players but we are premier league now and maybe we are asking to much of him to turn the Blades into a premier league outfit for 20 mill.It is a fine line between spending to much like Fulham have done and spending enough to keep in the top flight.Having said that we do have a manager who I and most Blades fans trust and I feel even if we come back down Wilder would not be blamed.Personally I prefer the Championship anyway but I realise I am in the minority.

4 hours ago, petcharlie said:

Difficult to say being United I can not say they will throw money at it and I can not see them wanting to change the manager either.If they wish to throw money at it it needs throwing now because I feel they need to spend 30 to 40 million to up grade the team 20 mill I feel is not enough but we do have Wilder who is brilliant at getting bargains and managing money.He really gets his monies worth out of players but we are premier league now and maybe we are asking to much of him to turn the Blades into a premier league outfit for 20 mill.It is a fine line between spending to much like Fulham have done and spending enough to keep in the top flight.Having said that we do have a manager who I and most Blades fans trust and I feel even if we come back down Wilder would not be blamed.Personally I prefer the Championship anyway but I realise I am in the minority.

I don't think Wilder will want to change too much and he'll give the players that got you up a fair crack of the whip, obviously there will be additions but I don't expect any big money signings, for the record I think United will hold there own in the Prem as they will surprise a few teams, with big money dominating the Prem anything between 7th and lower mid table can be seen as a reasonable season.

Its not for me either but many seem to covet it.

On 05/06/2019 at 22:26, Brooker11 said:

I don't think Wilder will want to change too much and he'll give the players that got you up a fair crack of the whip, obviously there will be additions but I don't expect any big money signings, for the record I think United will hold there own in the Prem as they will surprise a few teams, with big money dominating the Prem anything between 7th and lower mid table can be seen as a reasonable season.

Its not for me either but many seem to covet it.

There is always the loan market  which gives Wilder another avenue to go down besides splashing the cash .Being in the prem will be attractive to players and their clubs when loaning out their players.

Fine last year but PL rules restrict teams to 2 loans only.....one maybe Henderson ......Gareth Bale the other ......or not!

This thread is about Chris Wilders future. if you wish to discuss the court case theres a thread here...

Edited by nikki-red

14 hours ago, Man in Crete said:

Fine last year but PL rules restrict teams to 2 loans only.....one maybe Henderson ......Gareth Bale the other ......or not!

Thanks man in crete I did not know of the restrictments .Well as you say Henderson has to be one a good striker should be the other .