Wilder to leave?

What a strange game footy is .We have Chelsea nicking Lampard from Derby surely it is not for his brilliant skills as a manager because he has done nothing in his career as a football gaffer.It must be for his reputation as a player and ex Chelsea man that they want him but as we all know being a great player is not a sign that you are a great manager.Do not get me wrong I do not want Wilder to go anywhere god forbid but when you look at his record there is no comparison but I am more than happy he continues to be our man.

31 minutes ago, petcharlie said:

What a strange game footy is .We have Chelsea nicking Lampard from Derby surely it is not for his brilliant skills as a manager because he has done nothing in his career as a football gaffer.It must be for his reputation as a player and ex Chelsea man that they want him but as we all know being a great player is not a sign that you are a great manager.Do not get me wrong I do not want Wilder to go anywhere god forbid but when you look at his record there is no comparison but I am more than happy he continues to be our man.

They needed a manager that will be happy to work under an embargo plus getting a Chelsea legend in will help keep fans happy. Not sure who they would of gone for if not lampard but I doubt they would of risked it on a manager who's only managed out of the prem.

1 hour ago, NERVY-OWL said:

They needed a manager that will be happy to work under an embargo plus getting a Chelsea legend in will help keep fans happy. Not sure who they would of gone for if not lampard but I doubt they would of risked it on a manager who's only managed out of the prem.

Well really nervy that's what they have done .I am not to bothered about it but a club like Chelsea giving the job to a unproved manager from the Championship who lets be honest failed to get his club up after spending millions seems a bit weird don't you think.

52 minutes ago, petcharlie said:

Well really nervy that's what they have done .I am not to bothered about it but a club like Chelsea giving the job to a unproved manager from the Championship who lets be honest failed to get his club up after spending millions seems a bit weird don't you think.

It does seem an odd choice, had he taken Derby up then yes but he's achieved nothing as a manager.

On 02/06/2019 at 11:13, Bash Street said:

They might have had a chance if utd hadn't been promoted but I doubt it now. Having said that, if they dangle a few quid in front of his nose he may jump, he can't be on much money at utd I wouldn't have thought.

I'm sure promotion to the top tier has seen his wages get a healthy bump.

WBA would need more than just a few quid, you're asking him to give up his first season in the Premiership to drop back down and manage a team with at best half a chance at promotion.

Besides WBA have just signed Bilic as their manager so the job isn't even open.

Edited by geared

2 hours ago, petcharlie said:

I meant a manager that didn't have ties with the club, lampard while not having experience has the support of the fans. If he hadnt played for them he wouldn't of got a look in. 

I agree it's odd but I can see why they have chosen him aswell with the looming embargo

On 31/05/2019 at 21:09, Bash Street said:

Says another Championship club besides WBA in that report, hope it's not the Massive, maybe Cardiff or Fulham. Who would be the Premier league club I wonder. Brighton wouldn't seem a good fit for him.

Which ones he going to do you think ?

Chelsea have looked at the Blades model and are of the belief that if they can have their fans singing

'He's one of our own...'

then it will bring similar success.

Other clubs are expected to follow. Once again the Blades take the lead.

2 hours ago, Ridgewalk said:

Which ones he going to do you think ?

I think he'll go back to Northampton, would make sense.

Nah den Bash Street, please expand on the message you posted

2 minutes ago, Runningman said:

Nah den Bash Street, please expand on the message you posted

Are you aware he got a big wooden spoon for Xmas.

4 hours ago, Bash Street said:

I think he'll go back to Northampton, would make sense.

Hmmm... :huh:

... you do post some Cobblers! :roll: