Wilder to leave?

8 hours ago, SgtDave said:

When will you guys learn?

These pathetic miscreants push your buttons and you keep on responding. Its like a flame - starve it of oxygen and it will die. Just ignore them and they will go away. Try it for a week or so.

Wise words Dave. Difficult to resist an open goal sometimes.

ps. Nice use of the word “ miscreant”

Edited by Ridgewalk

11 hours ago, Mister Gee said:

It might be worth reminding folk of your previous gems of wit and wisdom on here.

https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/topic/457517-blades-preston-last-home-game/?page=5&tab=comments#comment-8098865

or this beauty.

https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/topic/466544-the-derby/?page=11&tab=comments#comment-8219429

I'll remember where I heard it alright.

You need to start making better use of your time

11 hours ago, Ridgewalk said:

Perhaps he ought to eat some humble pie with his pop corn, or a chip on each shoulder,

There'll be no humble pie on the menu, the powder is dry and I'm awaiting the utd relegation battle

10 hours ago, SgtDave said:

When will you guys learn?

These pathetic miscreants push your buttons and you keep on responding. Its like a flame - starve it of oxygen and it will die. Just ignore them and they will go away. Try it for a week or so.

C'mon guys, you know where it all ends, the High Court thing is the icing on the cake.

19 hours ago, Ridgewalk said:

But the ones on this thread are bothered enough

Talking about it and being bothered are 2 different things

He'll either stay, and get relegated or keep you up.

Or go and the new bloke will get you relegated or keep you up

And on and on it goes

Wilder is only human after all... if Chris gets offered a multi pound deal from another club, of course he will leave.

1 hour ago, Padders said:

Wilder is only human after all... if Chris gets offered a multi pound deal from another club, of course he will leave.

Yes sir, as bloke who followed the money his whole working life,I would be the last one who could criticise Chris Wilder for taking a big payday from elsewhere.I would feel that way, even if I was a Unitedite . It's family first in any line of work, in my view.

1 hour ago, Padders said:

Not before he has a season in the prem with you. End of season who knows, especially if you are relegated he might leave for a bigger payday

Its only the owls fans that would like to see him depart,Id say hes in it long haul,yes hes frustrated by the background wrangles but I can see Wilder staying at the club he loves for quite some time,why wouldnt he?

His managerial records impeccable,even if they go down,hel have a budget that will top the rest and be the envy of all but 2 other clubs,futures bright if your a utdite goodtimes ahead.

Footballs a rollercoaster,you have to enjoy the ups

At the end of the day CW is only an employee, a very good employee, and chairman can be brutal, very brutal  when things are not going to plan. Who is to say if  in the first couple of months  results are  not what the chairman see,e as acceptable and   decides a change is needed, unlikely but it can happen.  As someone has already said CW  has a family to consider and money can and does make life a lot easier , who is to say he would not jump  for the right offer, alot on here would and i would be one of them.   Only he knows what is the right decision. 

The problem with the prem is that teams are that desperate to stay in it that no matter what a manager has achieved (Ranieri) they are expendable should that status be under threat, I'll repeat that I don't think United will be in a relegation battle.

McCabe has nade no secret of a desire to sell and now there in th e prem thatshould become a reality.

The only blot on the landscape I can forsee is the unknown quantity of new ownership.

Wilder needs to get out now whilst he can command a decent deal, in 6 months time he'll be a has been.