Wilder to leave?

6 minutes ago, petcharlie said:

Really how much would that be then ?You seemed to be clued  up on these things.Wilder will ALWAYS be in demand because he is the best at what he does.West Brom according to their fans are tighter with cash than Utd and they to have got issues on the board to.

I expect he'd be on about £2000, barely enough to pay his bar bill.

19 minutes ago, Bash Street said:

I expect he'd be on about £2000, barely enough to pay his bar bill.

Now that is believable he likes a good slurp.

10 minutes ago, petcharlie said:

Now that is believable he likes a good slurp.

😀

2 hours ago, Bash Street said:

They might have had a chance if utd hadn't been promoted but I doubt it now. Having said that, if they dangle a few quid in front of his nose he may jump, he can't be on much money at utd I wouldn't have thought.

I wouldn't think it is the wages they could offer him that could turn his head, he has done a good job and obviously he will want to keep Utd up and to do that he will need to spend, It is down to the man at the top to match Wilders ambition.

2 hours ago, Bash Street said:

They might have had a chance if utd hadn't been promoted but I doubt it now. Having said that, if they dangle a few quid in front of his nose he may jump, he can't be on much money at utd I wouldn't have thought.

Im sure he's on enough for that not to be an issue. He'd probably do it for free if he had to being his boyhood club. He'll want a season at least with United in the prem, after that you never know depending how they perform

4 minutes ago, iansheff said:

I wouldn't think it is the wages they could offer him that could turn his head, he has done a good job and obviously he will want to keep Utd up and to do that he will need to spend, It is down to the man at the top to match Wilders ambition.

I wouldn't think he's over flush with money at the moment (not saying he's skint) and he may succumb to that big pay day if it's on offer to set him up for life.

1 minute ago, NERVY-OWL said:

Im sure he's on enough for that not to be an issue. He'd probably do it for free if he had to being his boyhood club. He'll want a season at least with United in the prem, after that you never know depending how they perform

Without a doubt, it's going to be an interesting season for both clubs. His personal bargaining power will plummet by the end of the season, he could well go for the big pay day while his stock is at a high. All conjecture of course.

wilders going nowhere  in talks over a new contract 

19 hours ago, Bash Street said:

I wouldn't think he's over flush with money at the moment (not saying he's skint) and he may succumb to that big pay day if it's on offer to set him up for life.

Without a doubt, it's going to be an interesting season for both clubs. His personal bargaining power will plummet by the end of the season, he could well go for the big pay day while his stock is at a high. All conjecture of course.

Go on then, why is that?, this is a manager who has never been sacked in his career, how many managers in English football can say that?

He has proved time and time again that he can do the business with any club he is managing.

Took us out of League One in top position with 100 points at his first attempt.

Had us in first place in the Championship for a time in his first stint, when was the last time an SWFC fan could say that?, There are lads of legal drinking age (and older) who have never seen that club in the top spot.

Right down to the final day of this season, there was a chance of us getting promoted in first place, but second place it was, and I am fine with that.

He is (quite rightly) on everyone's radar right now.  A team that scored more goals than just about anyone else and had more clean sheets than anyone else and the most expensive player was 4 million quid, not much in today's market.

It's taken us 12 years to get back to the top flight,  as a club, but only three as far as our  time with Chris Wilder at the helm. 

Edited by Grappler

2 hours ago, cmonkes said:

Was always going to be the case......But wont stop sheffield's second best club from being hopeful and dreaming will it.

Wilder will be tied down to a 4 year deal by next week......The blue side could well be in our shoulders for some time.

Cold or hard? 🤣

2 hours ago, cmonkes said:

Was always going to be the case......But wont stop sheffield's second best club from being hopeful and dreaming will it.

Wilder will be tied down to a 4 year deal by next week......The blue side could well be in our shoulders for some time.

No way we'll ever be in your shoulders 😁 for the record I don't care who is in charge at your place only how we do.

3 hours ago, Grappler said:

Go on then, why is that?, this is a manager who has never been sacked in his career, how many managers in English football can say that?

He has proved time and time again that he can do the business with any club he is managing.

Took us out of League One in top position with 100 points at his first attempt.

Had us in first place in the Championship for a time in his first stint, when was the last time an SWFC fan could say that?, There are lads of legal drinking age (and older) who have never seen that club in the top spot.

Right down to the final day of this season, there was a chance of us getting promoted in first place, but second place it was, and I am fine with that.

He is (quite rightly) on everyone's radar right now.  A team that scored more goals than just about anyone else and had more clean sheets than anyone else and the most expensive player was 4 million quid, not much in today's market.

It's taken us 12 years to get back to the top flight,  as a club, but only three as far as our  time with Chris Wilder at the helm. 

Law of probability. Only 3 options, sacked, leaves for bigger job/more money, or spends the rest of his career at the lane.

35 minutes ago, redbig said:

Law of probability. Only 3 options, sacked, leaves for bigger job/more money, or spends the rest of his career at the lane.

Well you are right someday he will leave every one leaves their job sometime but right now he is our man so we should enjoy the ride while we have him.He is in my opinion the best british manager around so he is bound to be in demand ,if he was not in demand obviously he would not be as good at his job as he is.He is a winner the only thing that could put a spanner in the works is this court case and if the outcome is not to his liking .Both parties involved in the court case say they want to sell the club and if the rumours are to be believed they have someone waiting in the wings to take over.So it sounds that Wilder will have a new gaffer who ever wins the case.I just hope they understand what a gem they have with Wilder and they look after him.