Cycle Speedway

, o and another cross lad pete lee.

Pete Lee had the advantage of living closest to the PX track. His front room was 25 yards from, the gate.

Had a dog called Bengo, and his mum worked at Margo Chippy

Graham Hoole had an unfortunate nick name!! Saw him outside the Wednesday ground a few years ago

Saw Tony a few months ago moved to Waterthorpe area he had just got over a heart attack

Tony often pops in Crystal Peaks on a Sunday,,,

not on sundays everyday hes in the peaks, usually getting his larger.

not on sundays everyday hes in the peaks, usually getting his larger.

Bless yer Tony :)

do you remember cyril wittaker getting his son with the irons on his neck to go and get the smelling salts to bring me round when i got knocked out when igot rode out over the outside track and hit my head on a stone.

do you remember cyril wittaker getting his son with the irons on his neck to go and get the smelling salts to bring me round when i got knocked out when igot rode out over the outside track and hit my head on a stone.

hope stone wer ok lol yea we all had a smell and then gave em you

do you remember cyril wittaker getting his son with the irons on his neck t.

Cyril was A St John's guy at Olwerton. Used to get us freebies for the speedway, sat on the benches inside the wall. Brilliant days. Clyde Featherby was my hero!!

Ian, the son, sadly died during an operation to straighten his spine. He was just 16.

Ian Whittaker was a smashing lad. He never let his brace interfere with his joining in all the games and he could play football. An inspiration to others.

Cyril was A St John's guy at Olwerton. Used to get us freebies for the speedway, sat on the benches inside the wall. Brilliant days. Clyde Featherby was my hero!!

Ian, the son, sadly died during an operation to straighten his spine. He was just 16.

sorry to hear about ian. i met and had a drink and a chat with clive featherby about 3 yrs ago his son died from drugs. you wouldnt believe he is so small and he lives in aus.

hope stone wer ok lol yea we all had a smell and then gave em you
thats why it took so long to bring me round lol:hihi:

had a chat with clive featherby about 3 yrs ago - he is so small and he lives in aus.

Small??

As a 12 year old, to me he was the size of an office block.

I got his gogs once after a max. He didn't give 'em up though. Jack Kitchen picked em up off the floor and threw em over the fence. I won the ensuing scramble

I always thought he was Clyde, not Clive!! That'll teach me to buy a program

Ian Whittaker was a smashing lad. He never let his brace interfere with his joining in all the games and he could play football. An inspiration to others.

Amen to that!