Cycle Speedway

Northern League Sunday 18th March Cookson Park. Sheff Rockets v. Sheff Phantoms.

Elite League Sunday 8th April Graves Tennis Centre. Sheff v. Poole.

Both matches start 2.00pm.

Northern League Sunday 18th March Cookson Park. Sheff Rockets v. Sheff Phantoms.

Elite League Sunday 8th April Graves Tennis Centre. Sheff v. Poole.

Both matches start 2.00pm.

thanks tigerboy and you will grow up into tigerman lol:hihi::hihi::hihi:

What a week for Sheffield !!!

last Sunday gave us a Welsh open champion and 3rd place-Vicky Brown and sandra Tomborska,

Monday the first team travelled to Poland to take part in the European club championships,where they narrowly lost in the final,Lezsno finished on top,

then on Saturday the u10s team finished in 4th place in the nationals,

Sunday the u13s finished as runners up in the nationals.

Monday gave us a British champion-Ellie Sullivan -girls u13- and two 3rd places -Billie Owen girls u13 and Adam Watson boys u13-

seems like all the hard work is paying off again :):):):):):)

Shame about the Euro's though-came so close:roll:

The 2013 season starts this Sunday 18th March with a Northern League match at the Graves Tennis Centre , Meadowhead against Stockport , start time 2.00pm

A guy called pete lee was pretty good!

They have some pretty good riders in the club currently. During the 2012 season they produced FIVE British champions , namely Ellie Sullivan U13 Girls champion ; Chris Turner Veterans champion ; Andy Angell Open champion ; Ryan Hoyland Indoor Open champion ;Richard Hudson Indoor U16 champion. Not sure how many of those will be riding this Sunday but they are well worth a visit for a good afternoons entertainment.

Incidentally , when did Pete Lee ride & for which team/

I believe he helped build the track at the bottom of his garden,raced then joined the army.

---------- Post added 13-03-2013 at 16:13 ----------

I must know tigerboy.Just found the parson cross web sight,brought back a lot of very good memories.Very sorry to hear about pete h.Give my regards to ben,knew him very well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by graham_mca

I seem to remember a track somewhere at the Richmond Rd. end of Richmond Park... in a small wooded area maybe?.... Mists of time and all that....

Graham

Was at the top near the Normanton Springs Enterance

still there. remember helping redo it as kid about 15years ago.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Whatever happened to Tom Roddis?.

He had a green bike I seem to remember.

He worked on a world cruising P&O passenger liner in the Merchant Navy straight after leaving school in 1967. He got the idea from his next door neighbour on Wordsworth Ave, Maurice Worth - older brother of George and Ian Worth - who worked on another P&O ship. Not seen either for years.

He worked on a world cruising P&O passenger liner in the Merchant Navy straight after leaving school in 1967. He got the idea from his next door neighbour on Wordsworth Ave, Maurice Worth - older brother of George and Ian Worth - who worked on another P&O ship. Not seen either for years.

Saw Ian Worth (we called him Harry) a couple o'years ago. Lives on Buchanan.

I remember Tom having a tiny monkey with him on one of his returns from exotic parts with the merch. It used to sit on his shoulder and we would feed it small nuts.

---------- Post added 29-03-2013 at 10:13 ----------

I believe he helped build the track at the bottom of his garden,raced then joined the army.

How long were you in the army Pete? I did twenty years in The Signals. Loved it!!

I remember the track we had in ecclesfield, late 60,s early 70,s, it was down green lane and one of the half decent riders was a lad called glenn galloway, mind you he lived across the road from the track so he got a lot more practice than the rest of us. last time i went past there was some building belonging to that jehovas lot where the track used to be.

before that, the track was beside the white bear pub in the village...

Hi guys sorry for not being in touch-

Anyway I'm coming down to Sheffield 25 - 28 September and would love to meet up with you contact me on\\;

[email protected]

:clap: