Cycle Speedway

I remember the track we had in ecclesfield, late 60,s early 70,s, it was down green lane and one of the half decent riders was a lad called glenn galloway, mind you he lived across the road from the track so he got a lot more practice than the rest of us. last time i went past there was some building belonging to that jehovas lot where the track used to be.

as a young man i rode for parson cross devils and had some great times.someone mentiond gary foredam who rode for stradbroke but he had an older brother eddie who i think emigrated he was very good and we used to luv beatin him

I seem to remember a track somewhere at the Richmond Rd. end of Richmond Park... in a small wooded area maybe?.... Mists of time and all that....

Graham

Was at the top near the Normanton Springs Enterance

this is for bushbaby your remarks about cycle speedway are pretty accurate appart from howey getn all women lol he was a big mate of mine at that time irode in the same team as him and i no u no me very well used to have really long hair as we all did lol

yes as a young lad living on stradbroke, I remember the stradbroke Arrows who raced in richmond park, my mates brother raced for them.

yea help build that richellioti rode for pc devils at the time sum mates i nocked about with wer from fox hill john beever frank furnace an a guy second name was bonnington cant recall is first name my names terry howell

as a young man i rode for parson cross devils and had some great times.someone mentiond gary foredam who rode for stradbroke but he had an older brother eddie who i think emigrated he was very good and we used to luv beatin him

Now that I know who you are - you were a good rider Terry, and the competition on The Cross was a fierce as hell wasn't it?? Pete Howe, John Bush, Terry Wilson, Ray Burns - and on his day, the best of them all, Tony Kane.

And all the lovely girls who came to watch - Bee Bee, Barbara, Marie Simpson etc

Those were definitiely the days

ahh tony cain wat a lad he was spectacular when he rode cycle speedway hed fall off in a big cloud of dust hed be grazed an sore get back up ready for his next race mind u wat u expect he was a cross lad lolamt seen him for couple of years used to see him at owlerton speedway then he got barred early 2000 so he used to climb on wall an watch it wat a charictor he used to down apint in 2 seconds incredable

A school mate of mine at Wisewood Sec Mod. in the early 60s named Barry Smith started the tigers cycle speedway in the carpark outside the speedway in Owlerton. First time I ever saw cowhorns.

Thought that was was you JB,is it you in the pictures?? where is the track in the pics?? its a bit before my time.

Hope to see ya soon down at Cookson....