Cycle Speedway

Ha-Ha!! Nice one Tony. them bushes were only pretending to be clever...:)
made a good job of it and iam not joking.

I have put Tommy Roebuck’s fotos onto my foto website. I have put as much info as I can on them. Please add further info by clicking “comments” underneath each pic, especially names if you have them.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bushbaby387/?saved=1

When I have all the info, I will send them to the “History of Cycle Speedway” site

http://www.cyclespeedwayhistory.org.uk/

Tommy’s group foto of the tigers isn’t exactly the same as the one we’ve already seen, but was taken a few seconds before or after that one

If anybody wants a copy of any of the fotos, email me at [email protected], and I’ll be happy to oblige

Big thanks to Tommy

I just had a look at the pics after bro Tommy told me they were up here. I well remember having my pic taken that day. We'd traveled to the event in my dads Bedford van if memory serves.? good old days:D

I dont know if anyone on this thread remembers John Priestley who rode for Stradbroke Arrows, Sadly john passed away on the 10th of this month in London where he worked, just found out it was his funeral yesterday at Woodhouse, Sheffield. So sad.

Rip John. :sad:

Sadly john passed away on the 10th of this month

Amen to that. RIP John

I dont know if anyone on this thread remembers John Priestley who rode for Stradbroke Arrows, Sadly john passed away on the 10th of this month in London where he worked, just found out it was his funeral yesterday at Woodhouse, Sheffield. So sad.

rip john from an old pal

Please do that Tommy, and I'll get a copy of my book "Gee'or Ruwerin' - Growing up in 60s Parson Cross" http://www.acmretro.com/geeor.html to you

There's a chapter on Cycle Speedway, taken from a slightly bemused onlooker's point of view

could you do the same for me as i carnt get out of my house not yet any way

Hi everyone - Bushbaby I didn't think you would have the photo's done so quickly, not after the amount of drink we put away in the Cow and Calf, anyway it was a good turnout and really good to remember Pete and tell stories about him to his younger nieces.

Never thought the negative was my sister Jean - I actually thought it was Terry Howell before he started shaving his head. Tigerman was right about "Tall man" - Tony Mitchell (Fir Vale) (sorry I didn't get to see u Tony - will make sure next time I'm down in Sheffield) SPOTTY SHIRT is Brian Saunby (Sheffield Tigers) and QUIFF is Eddie Fordham (Hackenthorpe) The missing name AT THE GATE is Brian Saunby.

I had a long conversation with Ken on Sunday night when I got home - obviously he was upset about the loss of Pete - but we had a long talk about the old days and the times we had. We've agreed to meet up next time I'm in Sheffield - he has loads of photos of the cycle speedway days, so I'll get them to you Bushbaby.

tom have you got them photos yet off ken if you have them let us all see them please

tom have you got them photos yet off ken if you have them let us all see them please

I can get them scanned and online within minutes - so let's have 'em Tommy

I can get them scanned and online within minutes - so let's have 'em Tommy
just found out today my wife as got cancer so i will not be on for a while; dont think iam ignoring you lads see you all later take care from t c.

just found out today my wife as got cancer so i will not be on for a while; dont think iam ignoring you lads see you all later take care from t c.

Bugger!! Good luck with it Tony!

sorry to hear about your wife tony all the best matey

sorry to hear about your wife tony all the best matey
thanks terry and steve just dont know where iam at, at this moment.