Cycle Speedway

Cheers Tony

I'm getting a copy of last Sunday's program from the meeting. Pete is mentioned. I'll scan it and stick a link on to it

I passed your regards on to Ken by the way

thanks steve did ken say anyting, prob not because he had alot on his mind

thanks steve did ken say anyting, prob not because he had alot on his mind

No - He was a bit quiet and he was chaperoning his mum.

Hi everyone - Bushbaby I didn't think you would have the photo's done so quickly, not after the amount of drink we put away in the Cow and Calf, anyway it was a good turnout and really good to remember Pete and tell stories about him to his younger nieces.

Never thought the negative was my sister Jean - I actually thought it was Terry Howell before he started shaving his head. Tigerman was right about "Tall man" - Tony Mitchell (Fir Vale) (sorry I didn't get to see u Tony - will make sure next time I'm down in Sheffield) SPOTTY SHIRT is Brian Saunby (Sheffield Tigers) and QUIFF is Eddie Fordham (Hackenthorpe) The missing name AT THE GATE is Brian Saunby.

I had a long conversation with Ken on Sunday night when I got home - obviously he was upset about the loss of Pete - but we had a long talk about the old days and the times we had. We've agreed to meet up next time I'm in Sheffield - he has loads of photos of the cycle speedway days, so I'll get them to you Bushbaby.

Bushbaby - you need to empty your private mail box in order to receive more private mail from me

This Sunday sees Stockport visit Cookson park for a northern league fixture,Stockport are currently leading the league and its a bit of a grudge match so should have plenty of action especially if Sheffields big names turn up.

We slaughtered em in the recent British club championships on the way to reaching the final,but the reverse fixture at Stockport earlier in the year proved too much for a young depleated Sheffield squad,Stockport took 7-3's in every race( 5-1's in pre decimal currency).

Derek Garnett is a name that some of you old un's will remember from the 60s'-70's,he still rides on a regular basis,even after 3 hip replacments.

Div 1 match starts around 2.30pm if anyone fancies visit !!

Bushbaby - you need to empty your private mail box in order to receive more private mail from me

Hi Tommy - I've edited the fotos. All the names are complete now. I've also emptied my PM box. If I can get hold of Ken's fotos they'll be on the web faster than you can say Tom Roddis. :)

Whatever happened to Tom Roddis?. He had a green bike I seem to remember.

Hi everyone - Bushbaby I didn't think you would have the photo's done so quickly, not after the amount of drink we put away in the Cow and Calf, anyway it was a good turnout and really good to remember Pete and tell stories about him to his younger nieces.

Never thought the negative was my sister Jean - I actually thought it was Terry Howell before he started shaving his head. Tigerman was right about "Tall man" - Tony Mitchell (Fir Vale) (sorry I didn't get to see u Tony - will make sure next time I'm down in Sheffield) SPOTTY SHIRT is Brian Saunby (Sheffield Tigers) and QUIFF is Eddie Fordham (Hackenthorpe) The missing name AT THE GATE is Brian Saunby.

I had a long conversation with Ken on Sunday night when I got home - obviously he was upset about the loss of Pete - but we had a long talk about the old days and the times we had. We've agreed to meet up next time I'm in Sheffield - he has loads of photos of the cycle speedway days, so I'll get them to you Bushbaby.

yes terry howell does look like your sister, lol and tigerman is always right, we need those photos off ken to put it all together, i have just come out of hospital and doing fine at the moment but it seems like petes funeral as stopped us all talking like terry as not been on since, come on terry lets hear from you pal.

hia tc hope your ok mate bin abit busy thats why i havent been on

hia tc hope your ok mate bin abit busy thats why i havent been on
hi tets ok for now have not been too well but got some more tests but feel i might get better this week with some exersize yeh spelt wrong but not as clever as them bushes lol.

yeh spelt wrong but not as clever as them bushes lol.

Ha-Ha!! Nice one Tony. them bushes were only pretending to be clever...:)