sky tv recorder

hi wanting a sky box recordable which you can still record when no subscription

you used to be able to buy a sky box which you could still record after cancelling sky but can not find one .  can anyone help please ,

i did look at freesat but none of the boxes have rf 2 out and i need that so we can watch in other rooms 

I've occasionally seen Sky and Freeview digiboxes in charity shops for a fiver. Might be worth a try.

If you have your own Sky Box you can pay Sky £10 per month and you can then use it for recording etc.

What about Humax freesat boxes?  They're usually well equipped.  Can't say about the second RF out though.

they don't come with rf 2 out  which i need 

20 hours ago, ivan edake said:

If you have your own Sky Box you can pay Sky £10 per month and you can then use it for recording etc.

thankyou 

i have 2x old (1st Gen) Sky+ boxes, but the way the sky encryption works now you can only 'record' the freeview unencrypted channels

I knew I would not be able to record programmes when I cancelled Sky and thought about getting a Humax box, however I don't really miss recording programmes so didn't bother. I can still use my Sky box for Freeview and also get the +1 channels, plus with the on demand and catch up options there are these days can easily catch up on programmes using my TV or on  tablet.

Recording on a SKY+ box is subscription only.
Suggested above you can get a Freesat recorder box that had 2x RF which allows recording max 2 while watching a 3rd.

2x Sat + 1xRF

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/323026787556

If you ever saw a Sky+ recorder box recording without subscription, it was an illegal box.

On 01/07/2019 at 19:10, walkertelecoms said:

Recording on a SKY+ box is subscription only.
Suggested above you can get a Freesat recorder box that had 2x RF which allows recording max 2 while watching a 3rd.

2x Sat + 1xRF

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/323026787556

If you ever saw a Sky+ recorder box recording without subscription, it was an illegal box.

hi i think it was illegal but why , sky doesnt own the box 

2 hours ago, mjhal said:

hi i think it was illegal but why , sky doesnt own the box 

If the box was able to record and receive encrypted channels without a subscription, then it was illegal as the box had been modified to do such!

You can however record the 'free to air' channels if you have a functional box, but you still need a Sky card for it to work... it was changed a few years ago - once the subscription ends, the card reverts to a 'freesat' card.... - this may be how you were using it :)