Big Sheffield pubs

On 01/06/2019 at 14:04, Longcol said:

Yes - I was thinking the Park was among the biggest.

I seem to remember the two Cross Scythes - Totley and Derbyshire Lane being fairly substantial. 

Mind you, pubs in Sheffield seemed tiny compared to some of the monsters you used to get in mining villages - thinking the Queens in Maltby as an example. Biggest pub I ever went in was in Bordesley Green in Birmingham when I was visiting some friends - can't remember its name but it was like two big mining village pubs in one.

Yeah the Queens was a big place, folk lore had it that AlecJeffrey of Donny Rovers beat up two or three miners in there who were baiting him. A lot of big pubs in the boonies,the Squirrel in Dinnington, the Ball Inn in Bramley and my own first local the Atlas in Brinsworth was quite a size in it's early days.

Edited by Ontarian1981

20 hours ago, Ontarian1981 said:

Yeah the Queens was a big place, folk lore had it that AlecJeffrey of Donny Rovers beat up two or three miners in there who were baiting him. A lot of big pubs in the boonies,the Squirrel in Dinnington, the Ball Inn in Bramley and my own first local the Atlas in Brinsworth was quite a size in it's early days.

If we're looking further afield, here's one that most football fans will know.

https://goo.gl/maps/H6rGYKBfQfUbRtbUA

Edit. Link won't work for some reason, but it's the Trafford Park Hotel.

Edited by Jim Hardie

33 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

If we're looking further afield, here's one that most football fans will know.

https://goo.gl/maps/H6rGYKBfQfUbRtbUA

Edit. Link won't work for some reason, but it's the Trafford Park Hotel.

Link works fine for me Jim.

56 minutes ago, Longcol said:

Me too, and I often have problems with links of  UK origin, for example, I wasn't allowed to watch the Euros on You Tube, but my streaming  app worked anyways. Back to the pub, looks familiar and like most of the old giant pubs, boarded up, or long gone. . What a monster though,must be the daddy of them all.

5 hours ago, Longcol said:

That's odd. The link works fine for me elsewhere on my device but won't open for me on SF.

7 hours ago, Ontarian1981 said:

Me too, and I often have problems with links of  UK origin, for example, I wasn't allowed to watch the Euros on You Tube, but my streaming  app worked anyways. Back to the pub, looks familiar and like most of the old giant pubs, boarded up, or long gone. . What a monster though,must be the daddy of them all.

As I am a bit slow when it comes to modern day technology, how does  one acquire a 'You tube streaming app '? Or is it better to wait till nearer the football season ?

3 minutes ago, St Petre said:

As I am a bit slow when it comes to modern day technology, how does  one acquire a 'You tube streaming app '? Or is it better to wait till nearer the football season ?

Not a YouTube app, but an Android streaming app. that gets almost anything in sports, worldwide. I will get a link to you by personal message before next season if I can figure out how to do it. Lol

On 03/06/2019 at 23:55, Ontarian1981 said:

Not a YouTube app, but an Android streaming app. that gets almost anything in sports, worldwide. I will get a link to you by personal message before next season if I can figure out how to do it. Lol

thats blown it i am totally confused now.😕