Big Sheffield pubs

Any ideas has to what might have been the biggest pub within the Sheffield boundary ? I mean with living accommodation included- not talking the likes of the Black Swan which had a large concert room but big buildings. Two that come to my mind are; Earl of Arundel (Queens Road) and the Amberley Hotel (Attercliffe Common) ?

Edited by St Petre
add

Earl of Arundel and Surrey (AKA as the Pipefitters arms) I came up with but just read you had as well, missed it when I first read your OP honest. My memory fades but what about the Elm Tree at Manor Top and maybe the Punch Bowl at the top of Gleadless Common. i'm still thinking.

12 minutes ago, Bash Street said:

Earl of Arundel and Surrey (AKA as the Pipefitters arms) I came up with but just read you had as well, missed it when I first read your OP honest. My memory fades but what about the Elm Tree at Manor Top and maybe the Punch Bowl at the top of Gleadless Common. i'm still thinking.

Kings Arms on Commercial St. The Railway near the Wicker Arches. TheYew Tree Woodseats.

Edited by Ontarian1981

The Ball, Darnall Road must be the tallest pub. A lovely building too. Been shut down for a few years now but the original interior disappeared long before it closed.

46 minutes ago, Ontarian1981 said:

Kings Arms on Commercial St. The Railway near the Wicker Arches. TheYew Tree Woodseats.

I'm gutted I can't remember the Kings Arms, where was it exactly if i'm stood at the top of commercial street with my back to Fitzalan Square.

4 hours ago, Bash Street said:

I'm gutted I can't remember the Kings Arms, where was it exactly if i'm stood at the top of commercial street with my back to Fitzalan Square.

You are standing right beside the Barclays Bank and the next door neighbour going down is the Kings Arms directly across from the Yorkshire Penny Bank and I think the gas or electric shop. The 95 Walkley bus used to stop right outside of the revolving doors of the Kings Arms . It was the only pub in Sheffield with Higsons beer on tap

Sherwood up Intake. One further down that way, can't remember the name but is a Charlie Chalk type establishment

Edited by abbeyedges

9 hours ago, Ontarian1981 said:

Do you mean THE BIG TREE,  Mr T.  or is it me whats wrong.

11 hours ago, St Petre said:

Any ideas has to what might have been the biggest pub within the Sheffield boundary ? I mean with living accommodation included- not talking the likes of the Black Swan which had a large concert room but big buildings. Two that come to my mind are; Earl of Arundel (Queens Road) and the Amberley Hotel (Attercliffe Common) ?

What was the pub called that became Loch Fyne opposite Hallamshire Hosp? 

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.3782321,-1.4908313,3a,75y,141.25h,95.72t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s5u6SDREyXKXI8SdfffI_nA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

EDIT- Hanrahans!

Edited by lil-minx92
remembered

6 hours ago, Ontarian1981 said:

You are standing right beside the Barclays Bank and the next door neighbour going down is the Kings Arms directly across from the Yorkshire Penny Bank and I think the gas or electric shop. The 95 Walkley bus used to stop right outside of the revolving doors of the Kings Arms . It was the only pub in Sheffield with Higsons beer on tap

Ha, the revolving doors you mention have triggered a little glimpse of something I'd forgot and I vaguely remember it now.

The Alexander, Blonk St / Exchange St. ?