Monitor Premises Access

Hi

I rent out a working space to different people. However, I am starting to have concerns that people may be accessing the building when they shouldn't be (only those with a key can get in). I think I have two options - one is CCTV, the other is that to gain, alongside the key,  people either have a key fob or an individual code to put in a key pad. I can find things that do the latter but I want to be able to access the information of who has been in and when - and that's the bit that seems to be missing. I'm struggling to find such a system (that isn't installed by a professional company and so costs a fortune). Does anyone know of such a system?

I hope this makes sense

Thanks!

It’s going to cost you for any access control with a user log ....fobs are better  than a code as people can pass on that code ...how many users are you looking at ?

Edited by alarmingmark

Will have a look for you ...

by the way did I take a look at a intercom for you at hunters bar  a couple of years ago ?

Yes, it's the same place 🙂 It still has its moments but I put in a wireless buzzer for those moments. Mostly it's ok though 🙂 Helps being fitted the right way round. 

Let me know what you think and find price wise. Can't afford a fortune. A real shame I'm even needing to consider it

There are quite a few brands of CCTV you can install yourself.  I started with a similar dilemma so got a 'semi-pro' security camera to try... I turned out that the installation process was pretty straightforward and the most difficult part was actually the mounting.

I then found a  UK supplier who sells professional CCTV  via web (I used Hikvision) and got a full system for the house and shed - 3 hours of work and I can check check my 6 cameras via  my phone. 

A few words of advice - to make your life easier: if you've never come across CCTV before - then just find an IP (i.e. network) camera with an NVR (network video recorder), preferably of the same brand, and ensure that they are PoE (Power over ethernet) and UPnP (plug&play). Then all you need to do is to get everything plugged and enjoy! 

Better stay away from Amazon or ebay, as a lot of stuff that people sell there are Chinese models, you you may not be able to install UK firmware\