Sharrow Lane School 1950s - Reunions

On 30/05/2019 at 17:25, DavidFrance said:

I am organising another reunion for all Sharrow Lane pupils who were there before 1956....and for the youngsters of Fentonville St, Langdon T, Priory Rd of that time. It will take place in the school cafe at 12 noon on Wednesday 26th June. If you would like to join us please be prepared to purchase food and drink at the cafe.....it doesn’t operate on thin air!  Car parking is limited. I would appreciate a personal message so that I can give the cafe some idea of numbers in advance. 

I came last time and it was very pleasurable, I would think I am about the oldest, 82 and started at sharrow lane in 1941\42

Edited by sharrovian
comma

I can beat you by one year 83 look forward to seeing you at the reunion    denis anson

Hi Denis.Still cannot picture you in our class. I went into the  infants at 41\2years. So we both enjoyed ourselves in the BLITZ years.Ha Ha.

hi darrell  your name doesn't ring a bell   you were probably in a class below me ?

On 30/05/2019 at 17:25, DavidFrance said:

I am organising another reunion for all Sharrow Lane pupils who were there before 1956....and for the youngsters of Fentonville St, Langdon T, Priory Rd of that time. It will take place in the school cafe at 12 noon on Wednesday 26th June. If you would like to join us please be prepared to purchase food and drink at the cafe.....it doesn’t operate on thin air!  Car parking is limited. I would appreciate a personal message so that I can give the cafe some idea of numbers in advance. 

How do I get a personal message to you David......Regards Darrell

David, I started sharrow lane in 1955 so I just sneak in. I was there till 1961 and moved to Newfield  (  yes I failed my 11 plus )  would love to come but my last visit to Sheffield was a couple of years ago and it will be a few months before I am back  for another visit. It has probably been to long and I have been away since 1975 , please see if anyone remembers me. Alan Hardy, from Lansdown Rd. Thanks.

Hi     DAVID FRANCE,

Keith Spooner  ( Spud)   would like to contact you about the school reunion.      He's at his caravan at the moment & the Wi-Fi's not good.         He says it's best to send him a text as he always gets them.         I tried to send you a private message with his phone number & email address but that didn't work.           I don't mind putting my  email address on here, so could you please let me know how to send them to you.

Cheers.             Lovelace.

DAVID FRANCE.         Sorry,  forgot to add the email ;       lknight65@googlemail.com

On 14/06/2019 at 19:11, sharrowyank said:

David, I started sharrow lane in 1955 so I just sneak in. I was there till 1961 and moved to Newfield  (  yes I failed my 11 plus )  would love to come but my last visit to Sheffield was a couple of years ago and it will be a few months before I am back  for another visit. It has probably been to long and I have been away since 1975 , please see if anyone remembers me. Alan Hardy, from Lansdown Rd. Thanks.

All I can say is keep watching this space! I will do my best to keep you in touch. 

David France.

David ,Thank you. would be surprised if anyone did after all these years out of the country but its wait and see .

Went to the reunion today. Many thanks to David France! It was good to see some of the old faces again from my year, Roger walker, Keith Spooner, and of course David France. From the year after, there were  Ian Brelsford, Frank Turner, Malcolm Gladwin, Ralph Holmes and Dave Storf(sp?). There were lots more from other years, David is I think going to post a list of everyone. Some of the girls attended, including  Sandra Cook and Valerie Shaw.

An ex-pupil who used to live at the top of our road was also there, Tony Foulds who has been in the the news lately regarding his dedication to the Mi Amigo memorial in Endcliffe park over all these years. It was a pleasure to meet him again after all this time.

We also had a very tasty "school dinner" in the cafe, good value for money.

Once again, thanks to David for organizing things.

Thorpy, thank you very much for your kind comments. I'm entertaining visitors from Oz tonight but I will post the  full "report" on the reunion as soon as possible, together with confirmation of the special Christmas Reunion we discussed today.  But, yes, it was a great day and fantastic to see all those people from Sharrow's past.