SK, Key2go, 2roost and Pinks estate agents

Our house is on the market with Purplebricks but we are struggling and so are considering going for a more "high street" estate agent that would promote the house more. Does anyone have any experience of SK, Key2Go, 2Roost or Pinks? 2Roost are selling the property we'd like to buy which might motivate them to sell ours? Any opinions welcome! Thanks!

You appear to be blaming the Agent, rather than the product... which is often misguided. Most Agents (PurpleBricks and all the others) will just get it listed onto the property portals (most importantly Rightmove and Zoopla) and then react to enquiries - PurpleBricks will do this part just as well as anyone else... all you are missing (vs. a high street Agent, not especially or necessarily the ones you cite above) is the high street shop window... which most people just look in for curiosity at they pass... people don't do their serious house-hunting in shop windows. Agents simply aren't capable of strong-arming someone who doesn't want to buy your house into buying your house. That's why the people who're interested will always be the people who're interested anyway (not other people who were never interested)... all you need is it being out there... and one assumes it is. If you are struggling then do you know why? Is it lack of leads (that could be to do with the house or the time of year), is it tyre-kickers, is it low-ball offers (again, the house)?

You went with PurpleBricks for a reason... obviously... likely the low and fixed fees... consider taking what you'll save there and using that money to either reduce the price or add an improvement to make the product seem more attractive.

If you wish to post the link to your online advert then I am 100% positive various opinionated folk on here (!) will critique it (me too).

5 hours ago, rcroxall said:

Our house is on the market with Purplebricks but we are struggling and so are considering going for a more "high street" estate agent that would promote the house more. Does anyone have any experience of SK, Key2Go, 2Roost or Pinks? 2Roost are selling the property we'd like to buy which might motivate them to sell ours? Any opinions welcome! Thanks!

Paste the Rightmove or estate agent link and we'll tell you what we think.  😉

17 hours ago, blackydog said:

Paste the Rightmove or estate agent link and we'll tell you what we think.  😉

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/s6p/71389342

22 hours ago, Hippogriff said:

You appear to be blaming the Agent, rather than the product... which is often misguided. Most Agents (PurpleBricks and all the others) will just get it listed onto the property portals (most importantly Rightmove and Zoopla) and then react to enquiries - PurpleBricks will do this part just as well as anyone else... all you are missing (vs. a high street Agent, not especially or necessarily the ones you cite above) is the high street shop window... which most people just look in for curiosity at they pass... people don't do their serious house-hunting in shop windows. Agents simply aren't capable of strong-arming someone who doesn't want to buy your house into buying your house. That's why the people who're interested will always be the people who're interested anyway (not other people who were never interested)... all you need is it being out there... and one assumes it is. If you are struggling then do you know why? Is it lack of leads (that could be to do with the house or the time of year), is it tyre-kickers, is it low-ball offers (again, the house)?

You went with PurpleBricks for a reason... obviously... likely the low and fixed fees... consider taking what you'll save there and using that money to either reduce the price or add an improvement to make the product seem more attractive.

If you wish to post the link to your online advert then I am 100% positive various opinionated folk on here (!) will critique it (me too).

We have already reduced to attract more interest. My thoughts were that a high street agent would contact potential buyers on their books directly to promote the house. 

One obvious thing to do for the sale is to paint over the feature walls.  Not everyone likes red and neutral colours are easier to sell.

Is it possible to declutter the music room and get that photo redone as well?

Link doesn't work (even copied and pasted in)

Thanks Cyclone, got it now.

Looking at your house rcroxall, I can see there's a fair bit of choice around the asking price in nearby areas, Charnock and Gleadless for example, which personally I would prefer over Birley. 

I had to look twice at the ad, does it include the 3 level rendered corner building and the adjoining 2 level brick building and the car port? If so looks very spacious for the money. Overall I think it looks very attractive and "ready to move in". Being totally honest small garden area puts me off a bit although I know there is lots of open space in that area.

Is that development a mix of private and local authority dwellings?

12 minutes ago, blackydog said:

Thanks Cyclone, got it now.

Looking at your house rcroxall, I can see there's a fair bit of choice around the asking price in nearby areas, Charnock and Gleadless for example, which personally I would prefer over Birley. 

I had to look twice at the ad, does it include the 3 level rendered corner building and the adjoining 2 level brick building and the car port? If so looks very spacious for the money. Overall I think it looks very attractive and "ready to move in". Being totally honest small garden area puts me off a bit although I know there is lots of open space in that area.

Is that development a mix of private and local authority dwellings?

Yes it's the whole building, so 3 floors and the car port. It was hard to get a photo that showed it clearly but I think the floor plan helps? The garden is small but unfortunately not much can be done about that or the location which is partly why we were thinking a high street agent might be better at getting people through the door as it were.

Advert looks fine, you'd maybe change a couple of things if you were having a viewing but there's no glaring issue with what is on Rightmove.

If you really can't get any interest you could magnolia the entire place and remove as much furniture as possible, make it very blank slate, but I don't think you'd need to get that drastic as the place is fairly modern and decent as it is.

Edited by geared

On 30/05/2019 at 07:21, rcroxall said:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/s6p/71389342

We have already reduced to attract more interest. My thoughts were that a high street agent would contact potential buyers on their books directly to promote the house. 

Worth a try, but I think it's wishful thinking... you're talking about a pro-active Agent, and that's like a sasquatch. I never like the OIEO tag to properties... I prefer to just see a price, and then bid below it. To me, it seems hopeful to have OIEO... like the seller expects some kind of bidding war, exactly the opposite of what you're experiencing.

What's the lowest you can go down to for the sums to work? There's no point you sitting on it fr months and months more if you have places to be. Looks to be Number 1, last sold for £160,000 in 2016..? And has always been about that money. For sure, the price being asked now doesn't seem out of whack... no-one would want to take a bath on it, unless forced. Zoopla estimate is £173,000.

It's freehold, so all good there. The description doesn't mention any existing warranty... it should have some left, right?

It has only been live for 1 month, though... maybe a bit of panic is setting-in when there may be no need?

Edited by Hippogriff

Advert looks fine and the pics are Ok on the whole with (in my opinion) the exception of the garden pics. Obviously with 3 beds its families with kids that will be looking at it, and the small garden would cause many to dismiss it straight away. Is there a better angle you could use for the garden pic, tidy it up and maybe buy/borrow some pot plants/flowers to dress it up a bit- or  even consider removing the garden pics altogether? Obviously people will see the garden for real if they view, but they might be so sold on the house internally that they will accept the garden being small. 

I also agree with Hippo on the OIEO thing, and 1 month on the market isnt long.

Good Luck!

Edited by lil-minx92