Best and worst TV series endings.

17 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

Worse ending or none ending - FLASH FORWARD.

Having read the book I was extremely interested in how they were going to keep loyal to the books amazing ending.

Answer they didn't, they ended the series early. :cry:

That thing annoys me hugely, to the point if I think it’s the sort of show that’s going to have a cliff hanger, I’ll wait to see if it’s been renewed or not.

That said, im watching manifest and that rather ambitiously wrote a 5 year timeline into its plot.

And don’t watch War of the Worlds on Fox, you’ll hate the ending to that.

On 14/02/2020 at 10:08, wearysmith said:

No, I'm taking of last year's Xmas episode. Far from poor, thought it was one of the best they've ever done. In fact, I don't want any more as it'll dilute a marvellous ending. Worth it for the 'Fairy Tale Of New York' segment alone. Comedy gold.

Echoing my thoughts 100%.  Brilliant ending.  Stop there.

On 13/02/2020 at 22:16, tinfoilhat said:

I'm adding Castle to the list, in fact the whole final series was a dogs breakfast that the lovely stana Katic did not deserve!

Wow! Totally agree. They kicked Nathan Fillion in the knacks with 'Firefly', then shafted him, the cast and viewers alike with 'Castle' too. He must feel cursed.

1 hour ago, wearysmith said:

Wow! Totally agree. They kicked Nathan Fillion in the knacks with 'Firefly', then shafted him, the cast and viewers alike with 'Castle' too. He must feel cursed.

Him and stana weren't getting on at all by the last series and the writers did it so they shared as little time on set as possible. Hence it was crap at every level.

I noticed  he lost  a stack of weight for The Rookie.

3 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

That thing annoys me hugely, to the point if I think it’s the sort of show that’s going to have a cliff hanger, I’ll wait to see if it’s been renewed or not.

That said, im watching manifest and that rather ambitiously wrote a 5 year timeline into its plot.

And don’t watch War of the Worlds on Fox, you’ll hate the ending to that.

Yes love Maifest and glad it might go on for a while.

Just finished watching all of series 5of Outlander - one of those left open with too many has she, will he, do they, is he type of endings.

Even for someone with Scottish blood the things Draaaaaging on a little bit too much now.

(I've resisted reading any of the books & I think they amount to 9 now with another one due out soon?)

Any one read any of them? I've a feeling they would be a little on the sloppy side, am I wrong?

For what ever reason I personaly didn't mind the endings to,

Lost,

Or

Life on Mars,

While they got Savaged at the time.

Keep safe.

Just posted this on the Binge wathing thread.

'The Plot Against America' mini series.

6 parts set in an alternative America where the Anti Semitic Charles Lindbergh has become president and not Roosevelt.

Almost belivable for the first 5 parts. (and worth watching just for all those lovely American Automobiles).

Worth watching BUT the ending in part 6 left a lot to be desired.

On 04/05/2020 at 11:37, Rockers rule said:

Just posted this on the Binge wathing thread.

'The Plot Against America' mini series.

6 parts set in an alternative America where the Anti Semitic Charles Lindbergh has become president and not Roosevelt.

Almost belivable for the first 5 parts. (and worth watching just for all those lovely American Automobiles).

Worth watching BUT the ending in part 6 left a lot to be desired.

The BBC series, The Survivors, it was just dropped, it would be rather relevant  to today s problems. I remember the old series, I cannot remember if that had a conclusion.

2 minutes ago, Billam said:

The BBC series, The Survivors, it was just dropped, it would be rather relevant  to today s problems. I remember the old series, I cannot remember if that had a conclusion.

I think it was much the same although We watched the 1'st series again a while back I think t was more or less left open but never came back.

Has anyone mentioned the last 'Scrubs' yet? Marvellous series and astonishing to think it finished 10 years ago on May the 6th (just gone).

As final bow-outs go, it had us sniffling. 

9 hours ago, wearysmith said:

Has anyone mentioned the last 'Scrubs' yet? Marvellous series and astonishing to think it finished 10 years ago on May the 6th (just gone).

As final bow-outs go, it had us sniffling. 

It was good then they bolted that weird series on the end.

Surprised no one has mentioned Only Fools yet or did they dilute it when they did the episodes after winning?

Edited by sheffbag

For me, the worst endings were 'Twin Peaks' and 'Dexter'. Both ended on a down note and broke Alfred Hitchcock's rule which is that you can take the audience on any sort of roller coaster ride and expose them to any amount of horror as long as you give them relief at the end.