Arden's builder's (Spital Hill).

1 hour ago, Bygum said:

At petre I remember doing some formens office's in the fitting shop they fitted the radiator's one day when they came back the next day they had all gone and when you fitting doors in the factory the bloke's would come up to and not to bother as they wouldn't be there the next day and someone left his car in the carpark when he was on night's when he went to get in it the next morning it was on bricks were ever you went you had to take everything with you evan to the loo 

Where was this ?

Union carbide on claywhees lane you couldn't put nothing down 

My Dad was Reg Platton ..he worked at Ardens for many years.

Does upset me that no one seems to remember him 

Edited by ibbotson
Repetative

19 hours ago, ibbotson said:

My Dad was Reg Platton ..he worked at Ardens for many years.

Does upset me that no one seems to remember him 

I remember your father very well. Him and his brother both worked for Arden s as well you’re farther helped me and my wife moved house in his van he also used to drive  the firm’s lorry as well he liked his fags as well you’re mother used to come down to the yard some times I sorry I couldn’t go to his funeral as I was working out of town I we’ll tell you something you couldn’t meet a better man he was thought a lot of at Ardens he worked at union carbide for years for Ardens hope you and your sister are doing well take care