Arden's builder's (Spital Hill).

Did you know John Holiday and Billy Parmer they worked with ken I worked for Ardens at Achasons with Jack Cadman you didn’t get many Forman like him I also know Stuart from SSC i went from achos to Ssc Ardens we’re in both places for a lot of years did you also know Neville 

12 hours ago, St Petre said:

No, I worked for another contracting firm at Union Carbide (Acho's), that's how I knew Ken, Brian and Jack Cadman. I had known Ken from my visits to the Harlequin pub-the Stanley Street one- I think Ken lives at Wincobank now. I also knew Stuart Bell but he worked for Arden's mostly at Sheffield Smelting Co.

Petre did you know any of the older ones like Reg Platt he was a nice man Len Gibbins and Brian he liked a pint or two I know ken Brian John holiday two or three more very well and I know Stuart from SSc did you know Ken’s mat Graham’ Holiday Ken used to live on Gray street pitsmoor 

53 minutes ago, Bygum said:

Petre did you know any of the older ones like Reg Platt he was a nice man Len Gibbins and Brian he liked a pint or two I know ken Brian John holiday two or three more very well and I know Stuart from SSc did you know Ken’s mat Graham’ Holiday Ken used to live on Gray street pitsmoor 

Can't recall too many names but I do remember Neville Bowler, he lived in the Danville Street area,

Petre I don't know how he kept his job at Ardens he was always late for work andimeanlatehehad to work every day for bare time as he never put 8hours aday in and he lived at the top of Herris Rd on the left hand side going up to the petrol station he was a nice bloke 

20 minutes ago, Bygum said:

He was at burngravePetre I don't know how he kept his job at Ardens he was always late for work andimeanlatehehad to work every day for bare time as he never put 8hours aday in and he lived at the top of Herris Rd on the left hand side going up to the petrol station he was a nice bloke 

He was at Burngreave school at the same time as me. Heard he passed away at a relatively young age, perhaps because of the 60+ cigs he smoked in a day

Edited by St Petre
Add

Petre did you know David Blencorn he went to Burngreave and also work at Ardens 

Sorry, don't recall that name, I left in 1962.

The same year I left owlerlane secondary school

Jack Arden used to have a white Mercedes car in 1968-9 it broke the camshaft and i fixed it when i was working for a garage at Middlewood,we used to do most of their work and yes the office was a doorway just down from Kieth Laycocks shop.

Hi one of is cars was mirc convertible it was said to be long to bernywinters of Mick and Berny winters and snorbitzs the dog but the car he had when I started there was a brown Bristol convertible and his father had a Gray rover and Bedford vans from Bentley bothers in the wicker 

At petre I remember doing some formens office's in the fitting shop they fitted the radiator's one day when they came back the next day they had all gone and when you fitting doors in the factory the bloke's would come up to and not to bother as they wouldn't be there the next day and someone left his car in the carpark when he was on night's when he went to get in it the next morning it was on bricks were ever you went you had to take everything with you evan to the loo