Who next for Tory Leader/PM?

9 minutes ago, L00b said:

Noise transits only in the stairwell in ours, and neighbours would have to be going at it properly hammer and tongs, to even register (1 instance so far, in a year and crumbs, genuinely thought he was killing her at the time, was mere seconds away from calling cops just as we heard them take off out).

2ft solid rebarred concrete everywhere (even partition walls), sorting out WiFi coverage was a right nightmare. But then, -20C in winter is no problem, neither was today's 44C (in sun, 35C in shade).

Very nice but very irrelevant. We were talking about converted Victorian townhouses, not purpose built blocks. Which does Boris live in?

3 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

Very nice but very irrelevant. We were talking about converted Victorian townhouses, not purpose built blocks. Which does Boris live in?

It's anecdotal in reply to your broad-brushed statement about flats in post #759.

As for where Boris lives, that's just as irrelevant: with the girlfriend of the moment. That's more relevant to the debate, as an indication of character (amongst so many others). 

6 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

I'd prefer them to come and help, or call the police, 

They did.

They knocked on the door three times to ask if everything was alright and when they got no answer and the rowing continued, along with sounds of things being smashed, they called the police.

They did exactly what every good citizen should do. The recording is an irrelevance. 

14 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

I'd prefer them to come and help, or call the police, rather than record it to send to their left leaning media friends.

How do they come to help if they can’t get into the property?

15 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

We were talking about converted Victorian townhouses, not purpose built blocks. Which does Boris live in?

You are clutching at straws with this one.

These aren’t multiple occupancy houses with stud partition walls stuck up to house benefit claimants. They are large Victorian houses where the whole of each floor is a self contained flat. The only conversion is to put an internal front door on each landing to separate each dwelling.

As I said earlier, they are incredibly soundproof and unless you have a window open, you can’t hear anyone else’s business and they can’t hear yours.

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Oh my god, Johnson is morphing into Trump! 

He’s now saying that he is going to ‘get a great deal’ from the EU.

thank god that exactly what we need.

Just now, Borista336 said:

thank god that exactly what we need.

And on a scale of 1 to 10, what do you think the likelihood of that is?

25 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

They did.

They knocked on the door three times to ask if everything was alright and when they got no answer and the rowing continued, along with sounds of things being smashed, they called the police.

They did exactly what every good citizen should do. The recording is an irrelevance. 

its not irrelevant at all, the police said there was no problem or issue so why was a recording sent into the Guardian??

Just now, Top Cats Hat said:

And on a scale of 1 to 10, what do you think the likelihood of that is?

oh i think that will be a 10

2 hours ago, I1L2T3 said:

Of course it’s public spirited. If somebody thought you were being attacked in your property would you not want them to record it? 

Seriously?

is it hell public spirited, if you were getting amorous with your wife and she was being very vocal i doubt you would want it recorded, sometimes enthusiastic sex can sound like something far worse?

7 minutes ago, Borista336 said:

its not irrelevant at all, the police said there was no problem or issue so why was a recording sent into the Guardian??

is it hell public spirited, if you were getting amorous with your wife and she was being very vocal i doubt you would want it recorded, sometimes enthusiastic sex can sound like something far worse?

Sometimes murder can sound like a bit of a row.

So what exactly is your point?

45 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

I'd prefer them to come and help, or call the police, rather than record it to send to their left leaning media friends.

They did call the police, and they gave the recording to the police. They even knocked on the door three times.

9 minutes ago, Borista336 said:

Here’s the thing.

You are totally allowed to record if noise from the neighbours leads you to believe a crime is in progress. You can even record as part of reporting noise nuisance to the council.

Lets be straight about it, it was the privacy of the neighbours that was invaded.

10 minutes ago, Borista336 said:

its not irrelevant at all, the police said there was no problem or issue 

The police certainly did not say that.

They had no idea whether there was a problem or issue as neither party made a complaint, meaning that they would have left without any further investigation.

I've just watched a barely lucid Boris Johnson talk about how likes to make model buses out of wine boxes.

Ladies and gentleman, our next prime minister.