Who next for Tory Leader/PM?

35 minutes ago, hobinfoot said:

I thought we'd had a democratic vote in 2016. I voted to remain and has a person who excepted the result even though it was not the one I wanted. This is what democracy is exciting the result.

Despite what you said having exactly minus zero in relation to what you quoted, i'll bite. As soon as that "democratic" vote was won, his balls shrivelled up and he hid in a corner and shouted from the sidelines. HES still hiding in corners trying to shy away from answering questions on stuff. I think Mr Fisk is right she prolly does have more balls than him.

43 minutes ago, Mister M said:

His non show at these events & lamentable performance when he does attend makes me wonder whether he does want the PM job....

I think hes hiding away as hes swapped sides that many times done that many things and said that many dodgy things, told that many lies, hes trying to not be called out on it all. Hes a nasty horrible human being that comes across as an amiable bumbling baffoon but will actually do and say anything and doesnt care for or about anybody else.

Edited by melthebell

1 hour ago, hobinfoot said:

I thought we'd had a democratic vote in 2016. I voted to remain and has a person who excepted the result even though it was not the one I wanted. This is what democracy is exciting the result.

So what? This is the conservative leadership election. Hunt says he will take us out just not off a cliff face.

39 minutes ago, melthebell said:

I think hes hiding away as hes swapped sides that many times done that many things and said that many dodgy things, told that many lies, hes trying to not be called out on it all. 

One big problem he has is that he told MPs in different parts of his party, completely different things on Brexit during his campaign to be selected for the last two. At some point he is going to have to look some of these people in the eye and admit that he lied to them which won’t be easy as he is well known for being a ‘people pleaser’.

Does anyone know how many UKIP supporters joined their local Conservative Associations in their campaign to deselect Remain Tory MPs? 

2 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Does anyone know how many UKIP supporters joined their local Conservative Associations in their campaign to deselect Remain Tory MPs? 

You can be sure that Nigel Führage does ;)

Hunt and Boris have already managed to repeat, and double down, on Theresa's self-cornering mistakes: still less of a way out for either of them, than Theresa, when either eventually gets into no.10.

FUBAR, tbh.

Has anybody considered the bigger problem with this? If Hunt wins, who will be called Jezza? Mr Corbyn or Mr Hunt? Corbyn has had it longer, but Hunt will be PM so might claim dabs on the name?

4 minutes ago, Voice of reason said:

Has anybody considered the bigger problem with this? If Hunt wins, who will be called Jezza? Mr Corbyn or Mr Hunt? Corbyn has had it longer, but Hunt will be PM so might claim dabs on the name?

Hunt already has a name. He was called it by Victoria Derbyshire on the television last week.

43 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Hunt already has a name. He was called it by Victoria Derbyshire on the television last week.

oops, I think the BBC backroom name for him slipped out there.......

It's just been on LBC of Johnson's confirmation that he won't be taking part in the planned TV debate. 

Not been a Tory party member I don't have a vote; but I hope those that do take his absence at these events into account. 

Though being given a choice between Johnson and Hunt is like being asked if you want a dose of dysentery or typhoid.

Edited by Mister M

3 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I don't have a vote; but I hope those that do take his absence at these events into account. 

I doubt it will make any difference.

Not only are the majority of Conservative members Brexiteers, but large numbers are completely bonkers Brexiteers who would happily see the Union collapse and the economy destroyed as long as it meant leaving the EU. Hunt is seen as a Remainer by most of them and they will never vote for a Remainer. Johnson could turn up for a TV debate completely naked with a plastic Union Jack hat on his head and will still win.

Any amount of blunders by Boris the Clown will not stop him winning, they will simply reduce the majority by which he wins.

18 minutes ago, Mister M said:

It's just been on LBC of Johnson's confirmation that he won't be taking part in the planned TV debate. 

Not been a Tory party member I don't have a vote; but I hope those that do take his absence at these events into account. 

Though being given a choice between Johnson and Hunt is like being asked if you want a dose of dysentery or typhoid.

I told you to not let your membership lapse! Egit.

It seems ludicrous for him not to do it. Does he intend to go the whole process without doing anything???

22 hours ago, I1L2T3 said:

And, don’t make a mistake about me suggesting Johnson was the instigator of the violence. Quite possibly the smashing plates and glasses were being directed at him. He might actually be the victim, and in that case would we want his possibly unstable partner living in No 10?

He should just answer the questions. Simple.

I think they're probably both to blame, and if that's the case maybe they deserve each other. 

Just now, Voice of reason said:

It seems ludicrous for him not to do it. Does he intend to go the whole process without doing anything???

Why not, he has the election in the bag? 

What possible value is there in him exposing himself to unnecessary risk? Anything stupid he says will have no effect on the Tory electorate but will be lapped up by Corbyn who will use it against him at the next election where he won’t be able to hide.