Who next for Tory Leader/PM?

40 minutes ago, RiffRaff said:

Remember the Jasper Carrott (?) joke about Sun readers? How they didn't care who ran the country, just as long as they had big breasts?

Well, we've made it....

Two of the biggest **** going.

Yes Minister 

Hacker: Don't tell me about the press. I know exactly who reads the papers. The Daily Mirror is read by people who think they run the country; The Guardian is read by people who think they ought to run the country; The Times is read by the people who actually do run the country; the Daily Mail is read by the wives of the people who run the country; the Financial Times is read by people who own the country; the Morning Star is read by people who think the country ought to be run by another country, and the Daily Telegraph is read by people who think it is.

Sir Humphrey: Prime Minister, what about the people who read The Sun?

Bernard: Sun readers don't care who runs the country, as long as she's got big tits.

I don't think anyone  predicted a few weeks ago that Boris would get over 50%  of Tory MPs  to vote for him at any stage of the contest.  He will have the support of the majority of his own MPs and the support of the majority of Tory members if as expected he becomes our new Prime Minister, which is something Cobyn never has had.

There were two spoilt ballot papers in the last round and I wonder if one of those MPs who spoilt their ballot paper was Rory Stewart.

28 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

I don't think anyone  predicted a few weeks ago that Boris would get over 50%  of Tory MPs  to vote for him at any stage of the contest.  He will have the support of the majority of his own MPs and the support of the majority of Tory members if as expected he becomes our new Prime Minister, which is something Cobyn never has had.

There were two spoilt ballot papers in the last round and I wonder if one of those MPs who spoilt their ballot paper was Rory Stewart.

Nah, I reckon it was Chris Grayling and Karen Bradley that were responsible for those - probably confused where to put the 'X'.

1 hour ago, Lockdoctor said:

It's pinned on as Boris now. If he's already on over 50% he's virtually assured of winning that stage. Apparently tory membership prefers him too, so I'd say it's a done deal.

So it's down to Boris and the hairy Hunt.

3 hours ago, Mister M said:

Why bring Diane Abbott into the discussion about the Tory leadership? Is all this 'blue on blue' action making you tribal?

Maybe because she's a joke.

2 hours ago, Voice of reason said:

It's pinned on as Boris now. If he's already on over 50% he's virtually assured of winning that stage. Apparently tory membership prefers him too, so I'd say it's a done deal.

Things couldn't have worked out better for Boris.  He has got his revenge on Gove for stabbing him in the back last time in the sweetest way.   Gove will never know if any Boris supporting MPs  lent Jeremy Hunt votes in the final ballot today.

4 hours ago, Lockdoctor said:

He will have the support of the majority of his own MPs

Only for a few weeks, the stories in the media seem to indicate that he has told MPs what they wanted to hear. He can't deliver everything to everyone.

and the support of the majority of Tory members if as expected he becomes our new Prime Minister, which is something Cobyn never has had.

The polling seems to indicate that, but who knows what will happen on the campaign trail..............

2 hours ago, Lockdoctor said:

Things couldn't have worked out better for Boris.  He has got his revenge on Gove for stabbing him in the back last time in the sweetest way.   Gove will never know if any Boris supporting MPs  lent Jeremy Hunt votes in the final ballot today.

He will, back stabbing is part and parcel of being a Tory.

On ‎20‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 11:04, Lockdoctor said:

Your spinning is comedic. (…)

Cue 2 paragraphs of comedic spin :rolleyes:

It doesn't matter one iota who gets to become the next tory leader and PM, nor whether 63% of tory party members (or 52% and the balance made up of non-tory party members) agree with Brexit at any price *but* Corbyn getting into no.10: the EU27 aren't reopening the WA unless the UK rows back on its red lines, because they have still more to gain from the UK coming back to the negotiating table weakened by a no deal Brexit.

Short of that, then unless Parliament ratifies the WA by end October, or unless Boris or whoever next helms the UK sets up a 2019 GE or referendum, the UK's out on Halloween, and can wear its Brexit.

I've said it before, and will say it again: this leadership race is just more navel-grazing time-wasting by the UK, exactly what the EU27 warned against back in March. Whoever gets into no.10 in July will have 4 months to sort it out (much less in fact, once you factor Parliament's summer recess, and weekends)

Edited by L00b

17 minutes ago, L00b said:

Cue 2 paragraphs of comedic spin :rolleyes:

It doesn't matter one iota who gets to become the next tory leader and PM, nor whether 63% of tory party members (or 52% and the balance made up of non-tory party members) agree with Brexit at any price *but* Corbyn getting into no.10: the EU27 aren't reopening the WA unless the UK rows back on its red lines, because they have still more to gain from the UK coming back to the negotiating table weakened by a no deal Brexit.

Short of that, then unless Parliament ratifies the WA by end October, or unless Boris or whoever next helms the UK sets up a 2019 GE or referendum, the UK's out on Halloween, and can wear its Brexit.

I've said it before, and will say it again: this leadership race is just more navel-grazing time-wasting by the UK, exactly what the EU27 warned against back in March. Whoever gets into no.10 in July will have 4 months to sort it out (much less in fact, once you factor Parliament's summer recess, and weekends)

I don't see the relevance in your latest comedic ramblings.

Boris Johnson will be judged to be a successful Prime Minister by many especially from the 17.4 million who voted to leave the EU,  if the UK leave the EU on 31st October without a deal which is the default legal position.  Whatever Boris does won't be supported by those people who have no respect for democracy and continue to seek to block the implementation of the 2016 EU referendum result.

8 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

I don't see the relevance in your latest comedic ramblings.

That doesn’t surprise in me in the least 😂

8 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

Boris Johnson will be judged to be a successful Prime Minister by many especially from the 17.4 million who voted to leave the EU,  if the UK leave the EU on 31st October without a deal which is the default legal position.  

So, that’s 26% of “the people”.

What about the 74% balance, do you think?