Who next for Tory Leader/PM?

26 minutes ago, Voice of reason said:

Yes. You can see my reply to that poster.

Strange that, you only referred to my posts in your comment:

39 minutes ago, Voice of reason said:

I'm not outraged, and not showing any faux outrage. I don't like your opinion of Uk citizens, however they voted. In fact the more posts you make like that, the more I'm convinced that leaving was the right decision.

and did not make that point earlier, to that earlier poster.

17 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Have you ever spoken to the public, received emails from them or listened to them on phone ins? We are all morons. May be the Swiss are morons too, I don't know.

Lots of people are yes, regardless of what country they come from. The claim that some countries are more able to make sensible decisions about how their lives are governed is ridiculous in my view (I know it wasn't you who made that post btw)

There are lots of posts and opinions on here that are skin crawling in the that respect, that they have utter contempt for swathes of the country based on an outcome that they disagree with. It shows a selfish, superior, attitude that is steps away from the way totalitarian regimes think. If these opinions are held by people who claim to be liberal, forward thinking, non-judgemental, inclusive thinkers, then they need to have a long hard look at themselves, or change their self-proclaimed description to something more appropriate. In my opinion.

1 minute ago, L00b said:

Strange that, you only referred to my posts in your comment:

and did not make that point earlier, to that earlier poster.

ahh, so are you you inferring some kind of xenophobia because I made slightly different replies to the pair of you, even though I referred to their post as nonesense? I don't even know your nationality, only that you refer to this country in the third person. You may be British ex-pat or a foreign national. I neither know nor care, and it makes no difference to my opinion of your posts. My replies to you and them stand as I wrote them.

It looks like its going to be Boris..

He's already bribing and buying votes from his Tory colleagues by offering to up the tax codes for the rich...

What a world we live in, there is not much hope for peace and prosperity for the younger generation, when you look at some of the people in power..

1 hour ago, alandrea0 said:

It looks like its going to be Boris..

He's already bribing and buying votes from his Tory colleagues by offering to up the tax codes for the rich...

What a world we live in, there is not much hope for peace and prosperity for the younger generation, when you look at some of the people in power..

That's right. Of all the problems that need solving, upping the 40% threshold should be way down the list.

I loved the showdown last night. They are all of them so smart, I hardly know who to go for. I loved Boris's idea for a 50% tarrif on sherbet lemons. And I thought Jeremy Hunt's promise of a green paper on the abolition of hopscotch was a stroke of genius. Then when Michael Gove announced his plan to establish a non-ministerial department for measuring spoons I was just astonished! No one saw that coming did they? Not even Laura Kuenssberg. Absolutely fantastic. But in the end I think it has to be Rory Stewart who gets my vote - his £2billion investments for research into downloadable paint was the showstopper for me. Oh, what times we live in!

3 hours ago, Voice of reason said:

Lots of people are yes, regardless of what country they come from. The claim that some countries are more able to make sensible decisions about how their lives are governed is ridiculous in my view (I know it wasn't you who made that post btw)

There are lots of posts and opinions on here that are skin crawling in the that respect, that they have utter contempt for swathes of the country based on an outcome that they disagree with. It shows a selfish, superior, attitude that is steps away from the way totalitarian regimes think. If these opinions are held by people who claim to be liberal, forward thinking, non-judgemental, inclusive thinkers, then they need to have a long hard look at themselves, or change their self-proclaimed description to something more appropriate. In my opinion.

ahh, so are you you inferring some kind of xenophobia because I made slightly different replies to the pair of you, even though I referred to their post as nonesense? I don't even know your nationality, only that you refer to this country in the third person. You may be British ex-pat or a foreign national. I neither know nor care, and it makes no difference to my opinion of your posts. My replies to you and them stand as I wrote them.

It isn’t wrong to state that people do not know what the outcome of voting leave will be. They can’t possibly have known.

And it’s not wrong to suggest that it is very likely to go badly, or that many of those leave voters are going to be extremely angry.

15 minutes ago, retep said:

Stewart gone, kicked off his high horse by Javid,

All 5 were grim choices. Championing May's WA, which had been turned down 3 times, is no less stupid than TM trying to run the clock out for it herself.

Stewart shot himself in the foot last night with an awful performance.
Sajid has no chance either.
Hunt is too polite as a debater to take on Boris and challenge him.

Gove may give him a tougher challenge but this race is pretty much run now.

I think it is only fitting that BJ, who is essentially the face of brexit (Farage aside), should be at the wheel when this car crash actually happens. Long may he may and his backers wear it.

As a so called "intelligent" man, Stewart managed to grab defeat from the jaws of victory, tie, legs apart, squirming around and a complete lackluster performance did for him. So saying the rest hardly put in a scintillating performance did they.

I think Morgan on breakfast telly hit the nail on the head with the hammer, with words like this, If Farage had been on the panel he would have stolen the show from those taking part. Not a difficult job to do mind.

Angel1

43 minutes ago, retep said:

Stewart gone, kicked off his high horse by Javid,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-48696619

What happened is Tory MPs who don't like Boris voted for Rory Stewart in the second ballot in the hope that he would give Boris a hard time in last night's debate. Rory Stewart failed miserably which is why his votes fell in today's ballot.  Don't be surprised if Boris gets fewer votes in the final two ballots because he has such a big lead that some of his supporters can afford to vote for Jeremy Hunt in order to ensure Gove is eliminated from the contest.

Edited by Lockdoctor

19 hours ago, Mr Fisk said:

She's the reason we're in this situation.

Anyway, whoever wins is likely to have the other (loser) candidates in their cabinet- after all they represent the same party.

Rory Stewart may of course consider playing the key role in a movie about the life of William Defoe..an uncanny resemblance there!

Have to disagree, I doubt any of these candidates would have done any better in her position. 

Rory Stewart let himself down on yesterday's debate, he was much better the previous time. It wasn't what he said it was the body language.

Removing his tie and appearing  restless and agitated didn't do him any favours. 

1 minute ago, janie48 said:

Have to disagree, I doubt any of these candidates would have done any better in her position. 

Rory Stewart let himself down on yesterday's debate, he was much better the previous time. It wasn't what he said it was the body language.

Removing his tie and appearing  restless and agitated didn't do him any favours. 

There was no audience to cheer Rory Stewart on like there was during Sunday's Channel 4 debate.  The Channel 4 audience wasn't a Tory audience but a mixed audience.