Who next for Tory Leader/PM?

12 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Ha. I'd like verification from a paper that doesn't lie all the time and didn't repeat Johnson's lies.

Thanks awfully.

Similar story in my daily, which is not the Mail. The accuser is not 100% honest it seems.

Here is the conundrum,  in my opinion. The more brown smelly stuff the remoaners throw at Boris, the more his chance of attaining ownership of No10 grows. And the remoaners seem to be unable to realise it. Keep it up remoaners, you are Boris's secret weapon to help get him elected.

Angel1.

So you want a PM that will lie to you all the time? Why? There's no shortage of incompetent brexiteer candidates, why pick one that's going to lie to you all the time? 

It's up to them who they pick . But something missing from the Boris bashing, is the country needs a leader who can pull people together

i.e. A leader.

6 minutes ago, Voice of reason said:

It's up to them who they pick . But something missing from the Boris bashing, is the country needs a leader who can pull people together

i.e. A leader.

There aren't any. Rory Stewart talks a bit of sense, but he's still part of a really toxic government. You look to the opposition and there's not much to inspire you there either. It's awful.

3 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

There aren't any. Rory Stewart talks a bit of sense, but he's still part of a really toxic government. You look to the opposition and there's not much to inspire you there either. It's awful.

True. All part of the malaise that blights todays political scene.

Boris has some personality and seems to get lots of people on-side, but clearly isn't free of 'short-comimgs' either. Mind you the same could be said of Hiltler too!

At the end of the day they all come from part of the current government, so we aint going to be getting Ghandi.

46 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Similar story in my daily, which is not the Mail. The accuser is not 100% honest it seems.

Here is the conundrum,  in my opinion. The more brown smelly stuff the remoaners throw at Boris, the more his chance of attaining ownership of No10 grows. And the remoaners seem to be unable to realise it. Keep it up remoaners, you are Boris's secret weapon to help get him elected.

Angel1.

Problem is the brown stuff isn’t being made up. It’s all true. Every bit of it.

Boris is now pledging to cut tax for those earning over £50k

Typically helping the rich and likely to screw the poor- middle class.

This narcissistic, arrogant, lying womaniser should never be PM.

1 hour ago, Mr Fisk said:

Boris is now pledging to cut tax for those earning over £50k

Typically helping the rich and likely to screw the poor- middle class.

Quite, he's proposing to increase national insurance bands to help pay for it, which of course the people he's trying to appeal to... don't pay!

Everyone else will pay more.

Costed at £9.6bn a year, more than our contibution to the EU and anything we could possibly save from leaving,  *just* to give high earners a tax cut :roll:

I seem to remember Boris was the one promising this money for the NHS, on the side of a bus no less!

There's your Brexit dividend Car Boot! :hihi: (can't say you weren't warned)

This narcissistic, arrogant, lying womaniser should never be PM.

Agree'd, he's a joke. Unfortunately that also applies to most of the candidates :(

Edited by Magilla

On 01/06/2019 at 11:03, ANGELFIRE1 said:

The more brown smelly stuff the remoaners throw at Boris, the more his chance of attaining ownership of No10 grows. And the remoaners seem to be unable to realise it. Keep it up remoaners, you are Boris's secret weapon to help get him elected.

Less than a week ago, you bemoaned lying politians as the problem with UK politics, now you're saying that lying makes them more attractive? :loopy:

I see Gove is going to abolish VAT, although he didn't (or it wasn't reported) how he'd fill the £110bn black hole in HMRCs coffers he would create. 

2 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

I see Gove is going to abolish VAT, although he didn't (or it wasn't reported) how he'd fill the £110bn black hole in HMRCs coffers he would create. 

Doesn't that essentially rule him out ? Undeliverable promises are generally a sign of a person/party who know they are not going to get into power.

7 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Reported quite widely that he plans to replace it with a simpler, US-style sales tax.

Back to Boris, I just don't get how everyone automatically assumes he is the favourite.  Boris may have had a handful of high profile name MPs backing him, but he has so many enemies in the parliamentary conservative party, that it's not guaranteed he will survive the cut.

he is a marmite politician.  It's quite likely he will win the first round or two with most votes, but as those who vote for losing candidates then get to revote, it seems to me Boris may become a victim of a 'anyone-but Boris' backlash.

Edited by bendix