Who next for Tory Leader/PM?

4 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

Which is a lie of course. If we're a net contributor to an EU budget then, by definition, there are member states who are net benefactors, i.e. net recipients of our cash. Taking laws from the EU is a condition of membership so you can't deny that either.

Yoy do actually know that the UK is a part of the EU, don't you?

3 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Yoy do actually know that the UK is a part of the EU, don't you?

Yes, do you? Only you were denying our contributions were being redistributed to other countries and that we take EU laws, so you do seen rather confused.

12 minutes ago, WiseOwl182 said:

and that we take EU laws, so you do seen rather confused.

How can we take EU laws if we are part of the EU and how are our contributions being redistributing if we are doing the redistributing? 😂

1 minute ago, Top Cats Hat said:

How can we take EU laws if we are part of the EU and how are our contributions being redistributing if we are doing the redistributing? 😂

You're getting in a bit of a tangle, aren't you? Let me explain it for you in simple steps.

We are in the EU.

As a consequence of being in the EU, we pay into the EU budget.

We are net contributors to the EU budget. By definition, there are therefore net benefactors to whom the EU distribute our money. We subsidise them as net benefactors.

Additionally, we take laws from the EU. The EU parliament makes laws and its members (of which we are one) enact those laws.

Back on topic please this is about Boris's attempts to be pm not solely about brexit. 

Johnson blundered today when he legged it from his car to his front door refusing to answer questions about the prosecution. He could have dealt with it there and then and got it out of the way. Now presumably he will have to lay low hoping that it will blow over while his competitors get all the airtime.

Boris Johnson will never be Prime Minister. 

6 minutes ago, janie48 said:

You may well be right.

On the bonkers wing of the party I think that either Dominic (is Dover a port?) Raab or Steve (shotgun in the mouth) Baker will be their favoured candidate. They have both been lifelong €urosceptics whereas Johnson has only recently converted to it.

27 minutes ago, janie48 said:

Sadly, Janie, you could well be wrong.

The Tories have visited some dreadful PMs upon us lately. You can track an increase in awfulness from Major, to Blair (I know), to Cameron, to May. Johnson just continues the trend of increasing kernobheadness. 

27 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

The Tories have visited some dreadful PMs upon us lately. You can track an increase in awfulness from Major, to Blair (I know), to Cameron, to May. Johnson just continues the trend of increasing kernobheadness. 

I don’t recall them ever going for the bookies initial favourite though. I’m going with hunt.

No good choices though. I’d happily settle for Major now!

22 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

You may well be right.

22 hours ago, Pettytom said:

I hope I'm right, but I'm relying on my intuition.

I just can't believe people haven't yet seen through him, 

It isn't that I don't find him entertaining, I look forward to seeing him on one of those TV celebrity reality programmes in the  near future. 

13 minutes ago, janie48 said:

I hope I'm right, but I'm relying on my intuition.

I just can't believe people haven't yet seen through him, 

It isn't that I don't find him entertaining, I look forward to seeing him on one of those TV celebrity reality programmes in the  near future. 

There are plenty crying foul about him being dragged into court about lying his arse off through the medium of a big red bus, there’s no shortage of supporters but I suspect he won’t make the final two.

If he does, we’re in trouble.