Who next for Tory Leader/PM?

This couldn't have come at a worse time for Johnson. There are 10/11 Tory MPs wanting to be PM, and this will be exploited ruthlessly by his competitors. 

Emily Maitliss has been given the job of cross questioning them. So glad it's not Fiona Bruce. She's such a crawler and avid bum licker of the Tories on Question Time. But compare this to her haughtiness to the Labour person.

I'm not a Tory, but I think the Rory Stewart is the most impressive candidate thus far

Edited by Mister M

It's a bit of an own goal really. If they'd written £250 million a week, it would have had exactly the same impact and message, and negate the quibbling.

Not many people would think, £350m is too much, but £250m is ok!

It now gives those who must get their own way opportunity for this ruse.

7 minutes ago, Mister M said:

and this will be exploited ruthlessly by his competitors. 

Presumably only those competitors who didn’t repeat the lie themselves! 😂

He’s being made an example of. Good. About time that somebody took our rotten politics to task.

He’s not the only one of course. But that’s irrelevant to his case.

5 minutes ago, Voice of reason said:

It's a bit of an own goal really.

Not an own goal at all. 

It was believed by over 60% of the electorate on the eve of the referendum and is believed to have been instrumental in pushing the Leave vote over the line.

3 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Not an own goal at all. 

It was believed by over 60% of the electorate on the eve of the referendum and is believed to have been instrumental in pushing the Leave vote over the line.

That is why they kept using it. The leave campaign analysis identified it as one of the most powerful messages in the campaign.

‘If Boris, Gove, and Gisela had not supported us and picked up the baseball bat marked ‘Turkey/NHS/£350 million’ with five weeks to go, then 650,000 votes might have been lost.’

Dominic Cummings: https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/01/dominic-cummings-brexit-referendum-won/

13 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Not an own goal at all. 

It is an own goal, because it was a false claim, and the more accurate figure of £250m would have had just the same effect.

4 minutes ago, Voice of reason said:

It is an own goal, because it was a false claim, and the more accurate figure of £250m would have had just the same effect.

Why not use the true figure then?

1 minute ago, Voice of reason said:

Ask them.

I’m asking you because you’re defending them.

So why?

2 minutes ago, I1L2T3 said:

I’m asking you because you’re defending them.

So why?

Where did I defend them? I said they lied!

🙄

4 minutes ago, Voice of reason said:

Where did I defend them? I said they lied!

🙄

I know you did but you’re working hard to talk down the significance of the lies.

That looks like a defence