Who next for Tory Leader/PM?

2 hours ago, Lockdoctor said:

The Brexit Party didn't exist in 2014, but they effectively replaced  UKIP this year which is the reason for comparing their results.  The Lib Dems did much better this year than they did in 2014 but they didn't beat the Brexit Party which they needed to do, to give your argument any credibility.

You see, even you are interpreting the same numbers differently. I could use your ridiculous logic to say that you’re making numbers up with statistics. 

Looking at singular party numbers in isolation is disingenuous when trying to make the argument that the current majority viewpoint of the country is to Leave. If you grouped the remain parties as whole versus the leave ones, it can easily be argued that the opposite is true. 

There is is only one way to find out definitively and that is another referendum. 

But it seems Leavers have this strange notion that a democratic exercise is somehow undemocratic. 

.The Lib Dems did much better this year than they did in 2014 but they didn't beat the Brexit Party which they needed to do, to give your argument any credibility.

What utter rubbish! 

My argument is that the anti-Brexit vote exceeded the Brexit vote. The Lib Dem’s were only part of that anti-Brexit vote.

If  you are relying on the €uro elections as an indicator that Leave support hasn’t fallen since 2016 you’re in for a big shock if there is ever a second referendum! 😳

41 minutes ago, Albert the Cat said:

You see, even you are interpreting the same numbers differently. I could use your ridiculous logic to say that you’re making numbers up with statistics. 

Looking at singular party numbers in isolation is disingenuous when trying to make the argument that the current majority viewpoint of the country is to Leave. If you grouped the remain parties as whole versus the leave ones, it can easily be argued that the opposite is true. 

There is is only one way to find out definitively and that is another referendum. 

But it seems Leavers have this strange notion that a democratic exercise is somehow undemocratic. 

It's not ridiculous logic otherwise the Tory Party wouldn't have chosen Boris Johnson to be their new leader after the success of the Brexit Party in the European Elections.  Before the European Elections both Top Cats Hat and I thought that Boris would struggle to make the final two candidates in the Tory leadership contest. The success and threat from the Brexit Party was a game changer for Boris and ended up helping him to become Prime Minister.

Who are these  so called remain parties that you are grouping together because I can only think of the Lib Dems who can arguably be labelled one?  Both the Tory and  Labour Party stood in the 2017 General Election  with manifestos pledging to implement the 2016 EU democratic referendum result.  Voters had only one reason to vote for the Brexit Party which can't be said for any other major party who stood in the recent European Elections.

7 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

What utter rubbish! 

My argument is that the anti-Brexit vote exceeded the Brexit vote. The Lib Dem’s were only part of that anti-Brexit vote.

If  you are relying on the €uro elections as an indicator that Leave support hasn’t fallen since 2016 you’re in for a big shock if there is ever a second referendum! 😳

You mean like the big shock the result of the 2016 EU referendum brought when Leave won.

Edited by Lockdoctor

27 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

You mean like the big shock the result of the 2016 EU referendum brought when Leave won.

Hardly a huge shock that a referendum held to placate leavers and see off UKIP would attract more Leave supporters. 🙄

It's not ridiculous logic otherwise the Tory Party wouldn't have chosen Boris Johnson to be their new leader after the success of the Brexit Party in the European Elections.  Before the European Elections both Top Cats Hat and I thought that Boris would struggle to make the final two candidates in the Tory leadership contest. The success and threat from the Brexit Party was a game changer for Boris and ended up helping him to become Prime Minister.

Your track record doesn't bode well - "I thought that Boris would struggle to make the final two candidates in the Tory leadership contest" - and here you are postulating your words of wisdom. Boris was chosen by 92000 people. Most of whom are elderly and remember the days of the empire.

The latest polls put the wish to remain in front and the bellweather parties will back that cause.

I see that Amber Rudd has begun her bid for the Tory leadership, once Prime Minister Cummings is chased out of town

The Tory Party is truly the gift that keeps on giving.

It’s fantastic to see the Tories spontaneously combusting right in front of our eyes.

Cummings is a typical ‘shouty bloke on the sidelines’ who when handed the referee’s whistle runs and hides in the toilets.

All this ‘the guy’s a tactical genius’ is turning out to be complete nonsense. His only move to date, was to convince Bozo to threaten rebel Tories if they didn’t back his bonkers no-deal plan and look how well that worked.