Who next for Tory Leader/PM?

6 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Again, with brexit, it’s always somebody else’s fault. I’m pretty sure civil servants didn’t tell Davies not to go to negotiations or when he did, turn up woefully underprepared. 

Ill give raab, halfwit that he is (“what do you mean goods come through Dover!?!?”) the benefit of the doubt - May wasn’t going to give him free reign after Davies.

May has tried to control the whole process from a remainers standpoint, I'm sure she briefed the civil servants and tied the hands of the politicians she sent there. We need a Brexiteer PM to get this done. Sooner the better, as I've said, Boris doesn't do it for me.

The more I think about it the more I think Baker is the man to get us out of the EU.

Edited by Bash Street

Brexit would destroy Johnson just like it destroyed May. Nothing has changed. He can’t magic the issues away.

8 hours ago, Bash Street said:

Of course he can, you think it's just a UK problem? It isn't, it can be controlled by technology and administration. Fact of the matter is this, the EU don't want to resolve the problem as they wish to control us. Boris knows this as do all the other Brexit candidates. Still think Baker is the man. You just have to ask yourself the relevant questions and deduce, don't just believe social media and the press, they are all bent and against the people.

I don't want Boris as PM but I could live with it.

Some politicians claim a solution exists for a fluid border to materialise, but it doesn’t. There is absolutely no precedence for such a situation anywhere on the planet. There is no technology that exists that makes it possible. You are praying on the fact that you can create one during the transition period. 

So so why don’t you stop regurgitating politician soundbites and actually read up on the topic you try to give an opinion on. The LSE is a good place to start. 

9 hours ago, Bash Street said:

Lets be clear, the only reason the backstop is a problem is the EU wishes to keep us under control, they don't want to resolve the issue. We need to give them a clear message that we aren't having it, appeasement don't work with these people, but again, I fear we are moving off topic and the mods will be along shortly to tell us so.

It is quite easy to do so we have to be disciplined.

Back to Steve Baker. He'll sort it i'm sure, Boris is a clever bloke who'll need to back Baker up, along with Raab and David Davis and Gove, there's a wealth of talented Brexiteers there to help the next PM.

Better in the EU than in the UK, don't sell your country short. Can't understand how that got through to be honest, I'd just blocked you, Mods, can you help?

Your ignorance is staggering. The backstop exists is primarily due to the Good Friday Agreement. You can’t just magic away the needs of the citizens of the Republic and Northern Ireland. 

Edited by ez8004

2 minutes ago, ez8004 said:

Some politicians claim a solution exists for a fluid border to materialise, but it doesn’t. There is absolutely no precedence for such a situation anywhere on the planet. There is no technology that exists that makes it possible.

Indeed, I haven't heard anyone able to answer how any of the technological solutions will stop anyone simply filling a van with goods in N.I and driving them over the border! (or vice versa)

All the systems proposed so far assume that everyone using it is honest... if you're not, there's nothing stopping you. The potential for fraud and criminality is huge.

1 hour ago, Magilla said:

Indeed, I haven't heard anyone able to answer how any of the technological solutions will stop anyone simply filling a van with goods in N.I and driving them over the border! (or vice versa)

All the systems proposed so far assume that everyone using it is honest... if you're not, there's nothing stopping you. The potential for fraud and criminality is huge.

Makes you wonder what they used to do doesn't it? The border was never secure anyway, it can and will be sorted. The EU needs to sort it out, it's their problem or it will be. 

In other news, back on topic, Boris has his old enemy to get passed as well now, Gove has just put his name forward. I wonder if they ever kissed and made up after the fall out at the last leadership election.

36 minutes ago, Bash Street said:

Makes you wonder what they used to do doesn't it? The border was never secure anyway, it can and will be sorted. The EU needs to sort it out, it's their problem or it will be. 

In other news, back on topic, Boris has his old enemy to get passed as well now, Gove has just put his name forward. I wonder if they ever kissed and made up after the fall out at the last leadership election.

Mustn't call him Boris. Andrew Marr looked ridiculous this morning trying to prevent his guests from doing so.

3 minutes ago, Jim Hardie said:

Mustn't call him Boris. Andrew Marr looked ridiculous this morning trying to prevent his guests from doing so.

LOL, did he really? I missed it today, I'll take a look on catch up later. What did Marr want them to call him, maybe BoJo would be acceptable.

16 minutes ago, JamesR123 said:

Why would you not call him Boris?

They always have a problem with Stephen Yaxley-Lennon. They could call him Boris, formerly Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson?

9 hours ago, I1L2T3 said:

Brexit would destroy Johnson just like it destroyed May. Nothing has changed. He can’t magic the issues away.

Spot on. If the Tories fail on delivering brexit they've had it and the'll never satisfy the lunatic fringe with anything other than a suicidal no deal. They fed the beast and it's going to eat them. 

I agree. An extreme Brexit supporter like Johnson or Baker failing to deliver Brexit will destroy the Tory party.

1 hour ago, JamesR123 said:

Why would you not call him Boris?

1. Because it's not his name.

2. The only people we should refer to by their given names are entertainers.

e.g. Elvis. Beyonce. Madonna.

Or clowns.

e.g. Coco.