Who next for Tory Leader/PM?

5 minutes ago, gaz 786 said:

Rory Stewart started pulling a few trees up..... 

Rory Stewart will have plenty of time to do his gardening after he is eliminated from the Tory leadership contest tomorrow.

8 minutes ago, gaz 786 said:

Rory Stewart started pulling a few trees up..... 

And still talked a load of BS, as they all did. As will Boris on Tuesday I am sure.

Stuart getting a round of fairly heavy applause for trying to stuff three rubbish bags into one bag. Jaysus, which asylum did they pick the audience from.

Angel1.

Edited by ANGELFIRE1

1 hour ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

And still talked a load of BS, as they all did. As will Boris on Tuesday I am sure.

Stuart getting a round of fairly heavy applause for trying to stuff three rubbish bags into one bag. Jaysus, which asylum did they pick the audience from.

Angel1.

I’ve sen a few interviews with him. He talks sense, which is absolutely the wrong thing to do now. We don’t want facts, we want people with crap haircuts shouting at foreigners, promising unicorns.

Its starting to look like Boris will be going against Hunt. What a truly awful, awful choice.

36 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

I’ve sen a few interviews with him. He talks sense, which is absolutely the wrong thing to do now. We don’t want facts, we want people with crap haircuts shouting at foreigners, promising unicorns.

Its starting to look like Boris will be going against Hunt. What a truly awful, awful choice.

Apparently Boris is now telling Tory moderates that no-deal is very unlikely and likes or hates HS2 depending on who he's speaking to.

Even Eurosceptics are getting worried...

Edited by Magilla

Lets face it,you wouldnt want ANY of them in charge of the country,their a bunch of private school bafoons that are about as seperated from reality as you could possibly get.

I used to watch that oaf Boris on HIGNFY,and he was a laughing stock on every appearance,run a country,he couldnt run a bath!

11 hours ago, Magilla said:

Apparently Boris is now telling Tory moderates that no-deal is very unlikely and likes or hates HS2 depending on who he's speaking to.

Even Eurosceptics are getting worried...

I’ve said it before.

Johnson has no scruples. He wants to PM and he doesn’t like doing difficult stuff. If a long extension or even remain gives him the keys to No 10 for a long time then he won’t think twice.

He has the charisma to persuade a huge swathe of Tory voters that anything he does or says is right.

2 hours ago, Magilla said:

Dear Lord.. this is how he is now when facing a 1-1 tv appearance interview, heaven help the UK when he has to deal with a crisis that could affect the nation.

This recent YouGov poll of Conservative party members provides all the perspective you need, to explain ‘Boris’ (and the others):

https://mobile.twitter.com/APHClarkson/status/1140888065239597056

They’d rather burn down the Union, and England within it, to achieve Brexit, than see Corbyn reach no.10.

They are insane, by any comparative metric you’d care to use.

18 minutes ago, L00b said:

This recent YouGov poll of Conservative party members provides all the perspective you need, to explain ‘Boris’ (and the others):

They’d rather burn down the Union, and England within it, to achieve Brexit, than see Corbyn reach no.10.

It's an insane poll to conduct.  Of course Conservative party members are worried about Corbyn becoming Prime Minister.

40 minutes ago, L00b said:

I was asked to participate in this poll and I'm not a party member, activist or official supporter in any way.

Is this the same Yougov who many on this forum say to take with a piece of salt whenever it shows Labour doing poorly? 

You can't have it both ways as a credible source one minute then a load of rubbish the next.

2 hours ago, alchresearch said:

I was asked to participate in this poll and I'm not a party member, activist or official supporter in any way.

If true, that raises doubts about the validity of the sample.

2 hours ago, alchresearch said:

Is this the same Yougov who many on this forum say to take with a piece of salt whenever it shows Labour doing poorly? 

You can't have it both ways as a credible source one minute then a load of rubbish the next.

I don't have any particular bias for or against YouGov: it's as credible as most other pollster organisations

Besides, since I am as pro-Labour as I am pro-Tory, i.e. not whatsoever, you're hardly likely to find me lauding it as a credible source, then deriding it as a load of rubbish, in support of either/or.

All that said regardless, those particular poll results completely mirror the common traits (the nonsensical unicorny ones) of the respective election campaigns of each Tory leadership candidate. They are either as insane as their electorate, or lying to their electorate: pro-Brexit / pro-Tory posters can't have it both ways either ;)

Edited by L00b