Who next for Tory Leader/PM?

52 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Plenty of time, 20 minutes is ample time to prorogue Parliament.

"Tory hustings: Johnson refuses to rule out proroguing parliament."

Angel1.

There will be another general election before we even come close to leaving without a deal. As much as you are brainwashed into the misconceptions and lies about the EU, there is a hell of a lot of leave voters who believed all the lies, deceit  and mistruths  during the referendum and voted leave because of it.  Now the main one was the fact that we would be better off. If we do end up worse off, then two things will happen.

1- There will be some serious unrest.

2- The people who do finally realise they were duped, will just deny they ever voted leave in the first place, there is evidence of that in the threads on SF and another poster on here will know where i'm coming from on that. ;)

I'd go with option two.

4 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

But fear not, when good old Boris takes over the leadership and implements Brexit, (by any method will do fine for me) and I suggest the other 17 odd million voters who saw through the Remoaners scare stories, all will be well and our Country will rise from the ashes of remain just like a Phoenix .

I hope you realise the Phoenix is mythical 😎

10 hours ago, Longcol said:

I hope you realise the Phoenix is mythical 😎

Wow, thanks for that, who would have thunked it.🤣

Angel1.

14 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Wow, thanks for that, who would have thunked it.🤣

Angel1.

So our "rise from the ashes" will be mythical, not real 😎

Just now, Longcol said:

So our "rise from the ashes" will be mythical, not real 😎

No, the  "rise from the ashes" will be very real, the Phoenix is not. Try to be a little less pedantic, you will feel much calmer and happier.

Angel1.

11 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Age, certainly, they're much more likely to want a hard brexit. Race, not much but its not very reflective of Britain today.

But, if you want, forget about those things and convince me that 81000 people will decide a PM who is quite prepared to suspend parliament.

How many people voted for Gordon Brown to become PM in 2007?

Personally I think a change of PM should trigger a general election automatically. I just don't see why the race or age of Conservative party members has to be brought into it, as though white and/or older people shouldn't have a say.

1 hour ago, WiseOwl182 said:

I just don't see why the race or age of Conservative party members has to be brought into it, as though white and/or older people shouldn't have a say.

I think the point is that more than just a minority of white and/or older people  who share views possibly at odds with the wider public should have a say. 

17 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Are these the same eggspurts who told us if we did not join the euro than disaster would beset us. That was a load of old balony then, don't you think.

Nonsense!

There was a wide range of opinions on the benefits or otherwise of joining the €urozone.

EVERYONE with any credibility thinks that leaving the EU will be damaging for the UK.

1 hour ago, andyofborg said:

I think the point is that more than just a minority of white and/or older people  who share views possibly at odds with the wider public should have a say. 

Maybe they should have referred to the relative size of the electorate compared with the population as a whole then, rather than focussing on their race and age.

5 hours ago, WiseOwl182 said:

How many people voted for Gordon Brown to become PM in 2007?

Personally I think a change of PM should trigger a general election automatically. I just don't see why the race or age of Conservative party members has to be brought into it, as though white and/or older people shouldn't have a say.

I’ve no problem - well, I have - with how our system of government operates. What’s good enough for Gordon brown is good enough for Boris Johnson, and at least there is an internal election which there wasn’t when May received here coronation. My problem with Boris is that he’s telling his members that he’s quite prepared to suspend parliament. Brown, to my knowledge, never threatened it and obviously never did it.

Presumably on the race thing, you’d be quite happy if 81000 young Muslim men voted in our next leader?

6 hours ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

No, the  "rise from the ashes" will be very real, the Phoenix is not. Try to be a little less pedantic, you will feel much calmer and happier.

Angel1.

How will we rise from the ashes?

5 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Unicorns.

22 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

I’ve no problem - well, I have - with how our system of government operates. What’s good enough for Gordon brown is good enough for Boris Johnson, and at least there is an internal election which there wasn’t when May received here coronation. My problem with Boris is that he’s telling his members that he’s quite prepared to suspend parliament. Brown, to my knowledge, never threatened it and obviously never did it.

Presumably on the race thing, you’d be quite happy if 81000 young Muslim men voted in our next leader?

On a sack cloth next Ash Wednesday?