Who next for Tory Leader/PM?

5 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

The no deal nay-sayers always conveniently ignore the wealth of expert (and virtually unanimous) economic forecasting which says that leaving the EU will badly damage the UK and leaving without a deal will be disastrous. If a no deal Brexit is so benign, why are £billions being spent on ‘emergency’ planning?

Name one credible economic forecaster who says it will be fine? You can’t because there isn’t one so we are just left with a bunch of cranks, racists, populists and xenophobes who say it might be OK.

Not good enough when the future of our nation is at stake.

You always convenient forget our country had a democratic election in which the majority voted to leave the EU.  If you don't respect  democracy then I suggest you have have a long hard look at yourself in the mirror . Your comical posts won't help you when you meet your maker.

6 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

The no deal nay-sayers always conveniently ignore the wealth of expert (and virtually unanimous) economic forecasting which says that leaving the EU will badly damage the UK and leaving without a deal will be disastrous. If a no deal Brexit is so benign, why are £billions being spent on ‘emergency’ planning?

Name one credible economic forecaster who says it will be fine? You can’t because there isn’t one so we are just left with a bunch of cranks, racists, populists and xenophobes who say it might be OK.

Talking of the future of our nation, remember this bit of old news,

"REVEALED: Britain's £1.1TRILLION liability in the EU and why we must get out NOW"

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/747442/brexit-news-why-we-must-get-out-eu-brexit-liability-report-global-britain

And you talk of leaving will be disastrous.

22 minutes ago, retep said:

Talking of the future of our nation, remember this bit of old news,

"REVEALED: Britain's £1.1TRILLION liability in the EU and why we must get out NOW"

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/747442/brexit-news-why-we-must-get-out-eu-brexit-liability-report-global-britain

And you talk of leaving will be disastrous.

The first link in that story leads to another express story dated 2016. As it says the "respected think tank" came out with this report days after an Italian bank bailout in 2016 I think we can relax a bit.

6 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

Are these the same eggspurts who told us if we did not join the euro than disaster would beset us. That was a load of old balony then, don't you think. Are these the same eggspurts who told us if we voted Brexit the Country would implode within days, there would be no food in the supermarkets, businesses would collapse wholesale, and a load more purely scare stories. Seems to me the gullible remoaners took it all in, hook line and sinker.

But fear not, when good old Boris takes over the leadership and implements Brexit, (by any method will do fine for me) and I suggest the other 17 odd million voters who saw through the Remoaners scare stories, all will be well and our Country will rise from the ashes of remain just like a Phoenix .

Angel1.

2 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Are these the same eggspurts who told us if we did not join the euro than disaster would beset us. That was a load of old balony then, don't you think. Are these the same eggspurts who told us if we voted Brexit the Country would implode within days, there would be no food in the supermarkets, businesses would collapse wholesale, and a load more purely scare stories. Seems to me the gullible remoaners took it all in, hook line and sinker.

But fear not, when good old Boris takes over the leadership and implements Brexit, (by any method will do fine for me) and I suggest the other 17 odd million voters who saw through the Remoaners scare stories, all will be well and our Country will rise from the ashes of remain just like a Phoenix .

Angel1.

Is that based on anything tangible or just wishful thinking?

34 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Is that based on anything tangible or just wishful thinking?

Don't be daft.

54 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

Don't be daft.

But I live in hope. I've got to, I'm stuck here and have to take a big bite of the **** sandwich that is brexit. Now if someone has got a plan on how are going to be better off under brexit, I'm all for it. 

Liam Fox has wised up, Boris Johnson hasn't given me any confidence at all. But by the time they've had the leadership election, then summer hols, then conference season we are left with about 20 mins for a new Tory leader with the same tiny, unworkable majority to do, well, something - anything.

1 hour ago, tinfoilhat said:

But I live in hope. I've got to, I'm stuck here and have to take a big bite of the **** sandwich that is brexit. Now if someone has got a plan on how are going to be better off under brexit, I'm all for it. 

Liam Fox has wised up, Boris Johnson hasn't given me any confidence at all. But by the time they've had the leadership election, then summer hols, then conference season we are left with about 20 mins for a new Tory leader with the same tiny, unworkable majority to do, well, something - anything.

Plenty of time, 20 minutes is ample time to prorogue Parliament.

"Tory hustings: Johnson refuses to rule out proroguing parliament."

Angel1.

22 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Angel1.

Is that what sovereignty looks like? A prime minister who gets put in charge by maybe 100000 people, mostly white, mostly old people, suspends a democratically elected parliament?

If he does that there will be riots.

42 minutes ago, ANGELFIRE1 said:

Angel1.

The country is being held to ransom by 60/70 year old former lorry drivers!

34 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Is that what sovereignty looks like? A prime minister who gets put in charge by maybe 100000 people, mostly white, mostly old people, suspends a democratically elected parliament?

If he does that there will be riots.

What has their race or age got to do with anything?

Just now, WiseOwl182 said:

What has their race or age got to do with anything?

Age, certainly, they're much more likely to want a hard brexit. Race, not much but its not very reflective of Britain today.

But, if you want, forget about those things and convince me that 81000 people will decide a PM who is quite prepared to suspend parliament.