Who next for Tory Leader/PM?

1 hour ago, Borista336 said:

i totally agree, certainly report loud noises shouting etc for someones safety, even try and find out by knocking on the door what? no answer? call the police very public spirited and correct, police arrive and say no concerns! thats where it should have ended??? but no we have someone recording it and  running to the left leaning guardian.....oohhhh i wonder why?

To be honest I reckon if I reported my neighbours having an argument the police would do what they do if I got burgled, which is precisely nothing.

46 minutes ago, Top Cats Hat said:

As I’m sure you’ve been reminded many times, leave won a slight majority of those who participated yes, but a minority of the electorate and an even bigger minority of UK citizens.

Trying to make a democratic argument for leaving the EU makes you look silly. Even trying to say that 80% of electors voted for a Brexit party in 2017 is nonsense as the majority of Labour supporters prefer to remain and certainly didn’t vote Labour in 2017 in the hope that Corbyn would take the UK out of the EU.

Your discredited referendum was over three years ago now and at some point you need to let it go! 😵

I am not the one  who looks silly and  needs to adopt a cherry-picking fallacy.   Respecting democracy has always been the strongest argument for implementing the 2016 EU referendum result and I say that as someone who voted to remain in the EU.

Bojo was interviewed by Nick Ferrari this morning on LBC.

Avoided to answer questions on the picture in this mornings newspapers- apparently showing him and his girlfriend at a picnic sitting together ..turns out this is likely an old picture of the couple, and before his bust up with her.

Nick even questioned Bojo's hair being different to what it is today- he had no doubt the picture was sent by someone from his party to the papers.

Bojo only really stressed he will get UK out of Brexit come what may on Dec 31st- deal or no deal.

6 minutes ago, Lockdoctor said:

I am not the one  who looks silly and  needs to adopt a cherry-picking fallacy.   Respecting democracy has always been the strongest argument for implementing the 2016 EU referendum result and I say that as someone who voted to remain in the EU.

The fundamental problem with your stance, is that you see Brexit as 'instructed' by the 2016 referendum, as this one-off event in time that simply must be done to 'respect' the referendum result, but then you don't propose any plans or policies to manage the aftermath.

Basically, until you offer an explainer about the UK economy in its after-Brexit life,  Brexit according to you just amounts to pulling the tiger by the tail. 

So, say it's 1st November and you're finally out, democracy has been respected in the UK. You've pulled the tiger by the tail.

Now explain how do you propose to deal with the teeth?

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

If I’m shagging my missus I would neither know nor care who heard. If I was shagging someone else’s missus I’d make sure that I wasn’t heard. 

It’s called discretion and is something that a person wishing to become Prime Minister should have.

nothing to do with discretion, a row is a row in private? he wasn't to know some nosey leftie was sat with a cup to the wall? as for you "Shagging" as you put it i doubt very much you would be as blase if it was recorded and  sent to a newspaper or broadcast on the internet, also she isn't someone elses  missus so whats that got to do with it?

6 minutes ago, L00b said:

that simply must be done to 'respect' the referendum result,

What the poster known as Lockdoctor and others repeatedly refuse to acknowledge, is that the 2016 referendum was an advisory only vote with no legislative power of enforcement. It doesn’t matter a jot what various corrupt and discredited politicians said at the time, the only thing which had any legitimacy was the Act of Parliament  which allowed the referendum.

When the referendum was held, 35% of the electorate voted remain and 36% voted to leave, so the result was only 1% between the two options and neither side reached even 40% let alone a majority.

Trying to claim that an inconclusive, advisory only referendum which showed that there was no majority popular will to leave the EU, as some kind of democratic mandate, is clearly bonkers.

1 hour ago, Lockdoctor said:

Its the only argument - every other reason is a lie or just plain daft!

Apparently Boris has been out doing the rounds today and making a number of crowd pleasing but uncosted promises. He has also challenged Jeremy Hunt to commit to leaving the EU on 31st October, deal or no deal. 

When challenged about the fact that the EU were not renegotiating the withdrawal agreement, he said that the rise of populism meant that they had no choice but to reopen it. As a TV pundit said the other day, Johnson is struggling to stop being a journalist and become a politician, as he is clearly clueless!

He really is all over the place.

2 hours ago, Top Cats Hat said:

As I’m sure you’ve been reminded many times, leave won a slight majority of those who participated yes, but a minority of the electorate and an even bigger minority of UK citizens.

Trying to make a democratic argument for leaving the EU makes you look silly. Even trying to say that 80% of electors voted for a Brexit party in 2017 is nonsense as the majority of Labour supporters prefer to remain and certainly didn’t vote Labour in 2017 in the hope that Corbyn would take the UK out of the EU.

Your discredited referendum was over three years ago now and at some point you need to let it go! 😵

I'm sure it's been mentioned before about the % of the electorate that leads to a government being formed? It's been done many times over the decades, and with a much lower number than voted in the referendum.

Those governments have shut down industries, reformed the NHS and took us to war. Presumably that is also discredited too?

1 hour ago, Top Cats Hat said:

What the poster known as Lockdoctor and others repeatedly refuse to acknowledge, is that the 2016 referendum was an advisory only vote with no legislative power of enforcement. It doesn’t matter a jot what various corrupt and discredited politicians said at the time, the only thing which had any legitimacy was the Act of Parliament  which allowed the referendum.

When the referendum was held, 35% of the electorate voted remain and 36% voted to leave, so the result was only 1% between the two options and neither side reached even 40% let alone a majority.

Trying to claim that an inconclusive, advisory only referendum which showed that there was no majority popular will to leave the EU, as some kind of democratic mandate, is clearly bonkers.

I think you mentioned that before. 🙄

You always seem to miss the fact that everybody else knew the result was supposed to be implemented.

26 minutes ago, Voice of reason said:

You always seem to miss the fact that everybody else knew the result was supposed to be implemented.

Top Cats Hat also misses the fact our Parliamentary Democracy passed legislation to put into law that our country was going to leave the EU and Article 50 was triggered.  After this legislation was passed in Parliament the issue of the referendum being advisory became irrelevant because our Parliamentary Democracy had decided by a large margin to accept the advice our democratic people gave them on 23rd June 2016.  The issue of the EU being advisory is as irrelevant as the comical cherry-picked statistics Top Cats Hat keeps recycling like a stuck record.

Regarding this private life thing with Boris, its reached a point now it seems that people respect his stance of no comment and journalist after journalist are just making an ass of themselves now by asking him about it.

3 minutes ago, GivenToFly said:

Regarding this private life thing with Boris, its reached a point now it seems that people respect his stance of no comment and journalist after journalist are just making an ass of themselves now by asking him about it.

What makes you think that people “respect his stance”?